Warning

Sean's POV

"Psst. Hey you, guy in the suit and blondie. Come here." A voice spoke.

Owen and I looked at the person who called out to us. A boy around seventeen years old peeked from behind the corner. His eyes were constantly looking around, afraid for some reason. His hair was brown and looked very greasy. His eyes were beady, and a sparse goatee decorated his chin. The closer we stepped closer to him, the smell of weed and body odor increased.

When we were in front of him, he whispered. "It would be best if you didn't get tangled with those guys."

"Those guys?" Owen spoke coldly. He wasn't impressed with the person who obviously seemed shady.

The student nodded. "Yeah, that gang that kid Kota is with. They're bad news. Last semester, a teacher came and tried to change things here. Students saw the teacher with several of them then she was gone. She disappeared. No one knows where she went."

Owen straightened. This is what we were supposed to be investigate. Where the money went and why there were mysterious things happening around this school. "What was the teacher's name?"

The student looked over our shoulders, and my nose wrinkled. His body stank so badly that I wanted to puke. "I don't know fucking know her name. She was here for only three weeks or something like that." His eye caught something behind us and widened. He shot us a look. "Take my word. Those guys are bad news. Take my advice and don't attract anymore of their attention."

With those words, he spun around and ran down the hallway, disappearing around a corner. Owen and I shared a confused look before turning around to go back to our office. As I turned around, I stopped when I saw a student behind us.

The newcomer stared at us with his blue eyes that were filled with curiosity. He also had a haunted look to him but it wasn't as bad as Kota's or Gabriel's. He was tall and had muscles. It was obvious that he worked out. His skin was tan but it was a tan from working in the sun. Red hair shined in the hallway light and looked really soft. He wore a red t-shirt over ripped jeans. Although his clothes covered most of his skin, splotches of purple and black peeked from behind the collar.

"Shouldn't you be in class, Mr.-" Owen asked. He looked over the student. His eyes noticed the bruises and the cautious look in this newcomer's eyes.

The student smiled. "Griffin. Nathan Griffin. And I'm on my way to class. Kota texted me to tell you that a map of the school and your schedule is in your office."

I smiled. "I'm Dr. Sean Green. You're a junior, right?" With Nathan's nod of affirmation, I continued, "I'll be teaching Japanese. Are you taking the class?"

Something about these boys drew me in. They were all linked together. Although we were told to avoid them, I sensed that they weren't evil.

Nathan shook his head. "No, but a few of my family will be taking your class."

My eyebrows lifted up. I wonder if they are taking an interest in the class or just observing me. "Oh, what are their names?"

The bell rang, and Nathan smirked at us. "You'll have to discover yourself. My job is done. I'll leave you guys. I have a pest to take care of." He walked away but before he disappeared around the corner the student who warned us had taken, he turned around. "Oh, if you see a scowling guy in black, he's the hall monitor for this period."