Helping hands

Sean's POV

I stared at the guy that had fire in his eyes. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place where I've seen him before. Light brown hair brushed against the top of his ears in a clean haircut. He wore a white button down and dark jeans that looked expensive. On his wrist was a watch whose minute hand was moving backwards. The guy slid off his headphones before looking at North with a sharp look. "Hey, North."

"Vic, this is Dr. Sean Green. He's one of the new teachers in this school." North grunted before pointing at me with his thumb. "He's got a bug on his phone. This is Victor."

My interest peaked when I noticed that the two of them seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes. It was almost as subtle as when Owen and I do that silent communication. Suddenly Victor turned towards me with his hand out. When I looked at him in confusion, he sighed. "I need your phone."

Placing my phone in his palm, I turned to talk with North but he had disappeared. How did a big guy like that disappear without a sound? Or was I not paying attention? After a moment, I concluded that I wasn't paying attention because when we were walking over here, I swear that the floor seemed to shake when that student stomped.

I looked at Victor but he had his back to me while tapping away at my phone. I leaned over his shoulder and saw the confusing page of random letters and numbers. I could never understand that and honestly, it looked boring so I never cared. I watched in fascination as Victor's fingers seemed to fly in a blur across the screen.

"So what year are you?" I asked him with safe question.

Brown eyes that burned with fire looked at me sharply before looking back at my phone. "I'm a junior."

I looked at his fingers again. Although they were moving quickly, they moved with a grace that most musicians had. "Do you play an instrument?"

He stiffened before turning towards me with a suspicious and dark look. His eyes seem to glare with a deep hatred before he shifted his eyes away. In the look I say, there was also a sadness that resonated within my heart. Was he also abused? What made him so angry towards the mention of a musical instrument? "Why do you want to know?"

I blinked. "My best friend plays the violin, and I notice that most musicians that I meet have an innate grace whether they are playing or not."

Victor nodded as if my reason made sense. He turned around to face before he muttered, "I used to play the piano."

I nodded. This subject seemed to be sensitive for him. I let him focus on my phone. A few moments later, I looked at him as he restarted my phone. I was shocked when he held out my phone. I took it. "You're done?"

Victor nodded. "Yeah, I got rid of the bug. You need to be careful of clicking on links in your spam emails. That's where you got your bug."

I frowned. Spam emails? "Do you know who sent that email?"

He shrugged. "No, I don't. All I know was that if it wasn't rid of, it would be able to read any downloadable documents on your phone." He turned away before picking up his earphones. "It was nice to meet you, Dr. Green."

I nodded. "You, too, Victor."

I turned and walked away. I had just walked through the library doors when someone bumped into me. A headful of blonde hair flew into my face, and I looked at the person I had bumped into.

Owen POV

After a frustrating meeting with Principle Hendricks that kept going in circles, I went back towards Sean and mine office. I narrowed my eyes at Principle Hendrick's words in that meeting. It was clear that something was going wrong both financially and personally. His eyes kept shifting from mine, and his body kept moving nervously.

When I brought up the topic of fights within the school, he seemed to stiffen before replying that the students were just being rowdy and it would get out of hand. He didn't seem to care about the students that were in this school. It was a wonder how he was able to get to this position, but then it wasn't because this position was very appealing. A principle position in a school that was known for troublemakers and as a last resort.

My mind went back to the fight I had witnessed earlier. That bag that the boy with two-toned hair looked like drugs. The principle should be concerned that there was illegal selling of substance yet he seemed that the most concerned thing he had was his paycheck.

"Gabriel!!" A voice boomed out in the hallway. I froze. Who was yelling in the hallway when they were supposed to be in class.

I came to a corner and peeked around. That was when I saw a student in black approach the guy I was thinking about. I prepared myself if I had to interrupt the fight between the two of them. I knew that if it was needed, I would be able to overcome them. The two-toned hair boy looked at him with agitation before frowning. "What, North?"

The student in black, North, scowled. I couldn't hear the beginning of his sentence and could only hear snippets of their conversation. "- sent me for you...get rid... baby."

I frowned. Why in the hell were they talking about a baby? This seemed too odd for them to be in human trafficking. As they went around the corner, I started to follow them when a voice behind me startled me. I turned around to see one of the advisors I had met earlier walk up to me. "Mr. Blackbourne," she panted. In her arms were a stack of folders. "Principle Hendricks told me to give you these files. These are the students that he wants you to advise through this semester."

I nodded, grabbing the folders from her arms. "Thank you, Ms. Gulliver."

She gave me a shy smile before scrambling back the way she came. The files in my arms were the students that just needed an advising conversation before the first week of school was done. I opened the first file on top. The picture of student that had fiery eyes stared up at me. I hummed at the sight of his name. So that is where he disappeared to. Victor Morgan.