4

(One month later)
.
.
.
.
"Kiyoshi? Kiyoshi? Wake up."
.
.
.
.
"Huh" I said groggily. I was woken up by the three girls, Naho, Kiyo and Sumi. I greeted them with a smile as I got up from bed.

"Well good morning girls. I didn't expect you guys to wake me up."

"Shinobu-sama said to wake you up for breakfast."replied Kyio.

"Yeah, she said she wanted all of us to enjoy it together."said Sumi.

"Really? She said that?"I asked.

They nodded in unison. It was after that, that I believed in what they have told me.

"Well then. Give me a couple of minutes to get dressed and I'll be with you in a bit."I said.

There faces glime with happiness and rush out my room excited. I couldn't help but feel a bit happy myself. This will be first time where we'll all be together. I washed myself and got dressed. I headed towards the dining room,when I bumped into someone familiar.

"Onii-san?"

"Kanao?"I replied. It was was Kanao, my adoptive sister. It's been a while since I last saw her. She's grown a lot.

"You've gotten bigger since the last I saw you."

"Yeah, uh...how are you?"she asked.

"I'm fine. Let's catch up over breakfast. Come on, they'll be waiting for us." I said while grabbing her hand and taking her with me.

We arrived in the dining room and everyone was already there. I saw another familiar face, Aoi.

"Nii-san, when did you come back?"she asked.

"Yesterday. It's good to see you again."

"Save the chitchat for later. It's time to eat."announced Shinobu as she sat down.

Aoi and I sat down as the rest of them started digging in. I sat down and was about to join them when the trio of girls started giggling.

"What's so funny?" I asked them.

They looked around before looking at me and said
.
.
.
.
"Its like we're all big happy family."said Naho.
.
.
.
.
A family huh
.
.
.
.
"Yeah, Aoi and Kanao are the older sisters, Kiyoshi is like the father..."

At that moment they all turned to Shinobu,who was laughing.

"And Shinobu is the mother."

"Huh!?"

She started getting red and flustered at the statement the girls had made. Aoi was giggling and Kanao was smiling. I too was laughing but feeling a bit red myself at the comment they had made.

"Well then, as your 'father' I promise to return home every chance I get, so that we can continue to eat like this. Would you like that?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Promise?"they asked.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Yeah...promise."I replied.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
"Yeah!"they said in unison.

"That's one hell of promise.Do you think that you'll be able to keep it?"Shinobu wittingly said.

"As a matter fact I do...dear." I jokingly said. Her face turned red again and tried not to be embarrassed.

"Now come on let's eat."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(A few hours later)

I sat outside near the garden, thinking about the promise I had made to the girls earlier.

Can I really keep that promise?

"Starting regret some decisions you have made today?"

I see Shinobu say as she comes up and sits down with me.

"I wouldn't say regret neccesarily."I replied.

"Well you got to do everything in your power to keep that promise then. It would make them sad if you didn't."she said.

"Yeah I know."

Suddenly I was pushed down onto the floor, Shinobu was onto of me. I couldn't react in time. Before I could say something I felt a soft sensation on my lips. It was Shinobu. She was kissing me. It only lasted a few seconds as she back away and looked me deep in the eyes. I was mesmerized.

"Since you made them a promise, how about you promise me something?"

"Sure." I said still in shock.

"Promise me that you won't die out there. Promise me that when this is all over...that you and me...that we'll...well you know..."

It took me a while to figure out what she was trying to say but I finally knew what she was trying to say.

"Yeah... I promise, on the one condition that you'll make sure that you'll stay alive as well.'I replied.

"Okay...I promise."she said.

She got off me and dusted of any dirt of her uniform.

"Well then let's go for a walk. It's been a while since we went on one. How bout it?"

"I would like that very much."I said as I got up. I dusted myself off and grabbed her hand. She turned red again.

"Shall we go?" I asked
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Yeah...let's go."she said as she holds my hand.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(A/N: Longest chapter yet. Hope y'all are having a good day :) )