7

Kiyoshi..why did you leave us.
.
.
.
Why did leave me and your grandmother behind? You selfish child.
.
.
.
Why didn't you save me? Your Grandfather. You ran off like a coward.
.
.
.
You're no son of mine, Kiyoshi.
.
.
.
Kiyoshi, where were you when we needed you the most. Why didn't you arrive on time liked we asked.
.
.
.
If only you got here quicker, Kiyoshi. She would be happy and wouldn't have to hate you like she does now.
.
.
.
Why? Why? Why?
.
.
.
As the voice inside my head were taunting me with memories of my loved ones, the hands of the dammed were reaching out to me, trying to drag me down to hell. I felt hopeless, deep down I truly deserve this. As the hands were coming closer, the faces of the ones I couldn't save were shown.
.
.
.
Kiyoshi
.
.
.
One face in particular stood out.
.
.
.
Kanae?
.
.
.
Her eyes were soulless and had bloods dripping out here mouth, as her hand was inches away from my face.
.
.
.
Ki-Kiyo-Kiyoshi.
.
.
.
"Ah!"

My body jolted up from my bed. Tears were streaming down my faces, as I tried to calm myself down.

"It was just that nightmare again." I thought to myself. I looked outside my window and saw that it was still dark. I had probably a couple more hours of sleep, but I didn't want to risk being put in that same nightmare again. It was a good thing at was at my own estate and not at the Butterfly Estate. Shinobu would have been pissed at me.

As I got up from out of my bed, I went over to the kitchen and grabbed myself a cup of water. The faces of everyone I loved were still engraved into my head. After a quick drink, I went over to my bathroom and washed my face with cold water.

"It's not your fault, it's not your fault, it's not your fault!" I say to myself over and over again. I return to my bedroom and lay back down on my bed. Soon enough, tears starting running down my face yet again. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

~The Next Day~

I woke up some couple hours later, feeling a little better. Although the nightmare is somewhat vivid in my head, its mostly forgotten by this point. I made myself a quick breakfast, before heading out.

I spent majority of the day, patrolling my assigned area, not really doing much. That was until later in the day.

*Caw Caw* New assignment, head towards Natagumo Mountain and assist your comrades in taking down a lower moon demon! *Caw Caw*

My body was filled with adrenaline.

"Finally some action."