5

(Late Afternoon)

A few days have gone by since the night I made those promises. I'm back out collecting intel on the demon Douma. So far I've been unsuccessful, but surely I'll fine something. While wandering the countryside, it hadn't occurred to me that I haven't told Shinobu, out of all people, about the new piece of information that I gathered a few days before I arrived at the butterfly estate. That this Douma killed my family and my comrades many years ago.

As I'm walking along the countryside, I come face to face with another fellow demon slayer. He was carrying a large wooden box by the looks of it and was wearing a green and black checkered haori. He was also wearing some hanafuda earrings.

He must have saw me notice my outfit because he was coming towards me. But something about him didn't feel right. I sensed something...off about him. I realized that if wasn't him, but rather it was the box. Whatever he's carrying inside that box, seemed off.

"I didn't think I'd see-"

I cut him off there. I drew my blade out and pointed it at.

"The box...what's inside it?" I asked. He hesitated before I asked again.

"What's in the box!" I demanded.

"Fine, I'll show you. "he said. He took off the box and set it on the follow. He opened it. My eyes couldn't believe it. It was a girl. A demon girl. Before I could do anything, the boy guards her from me.

"I know what you're about to do, but listen to me please. Her name is Nezuko and she would never hurt another human. Please you got to believe me."

"Bullshit!" I yelled. "They're foul and disgusting creatures that tear families apart. They bring nothing but pain and suffering."

At that moment I threw him to the side. I pointed my blade at the girl Nezuko's neck.

"They don't deserve to live. Not after the damage they have done to others." I continued.

"But she's not like the others. Nezuko wouldn't hurt a human." he yelled.

"I'm sorry kid, it's nothing personal."
.
.
.
"Stand down Kiyoshi!"
.
.
.
That voice...

I looked to see who had called out too me. It was Urokodaki Sensei.

"Sensei!? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here too explain the situation regarding Tanjiro here." he replied.

So his name is Tanjiro huh...

"Please Kiyoshi. Lay down your sword."

I struggled for while, refusing to let my guard down, but after a while I gave in and dropped my blade, to my dismay. Urokodaki Sensei began explaining the whole situation with Nezuko and how she was different from the rest. Apparently she refused to eat her brother the day he found her, but rather protect him from another demon slayer. He also added how he subliminally told Nezuko that humans are here friends and how she has to protect them from other demons. This happened when Tanjiro was training to become a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. He also told how Tanjiro was roped into all of this in the first place.

"So they got your family too huh?" I said.

"Yeah, all but Nezuko were deceased sir." he replied.

"I see, so you and I, and perhaps the rest of the Demon Corps aren't so different after all?"

He nodded  before he went to silence.

"Anyways, its getting dark. Come with me back to my residence for the night and rest up. You too must be tired." Urokodaki Sensei said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Before we go, I need to apologize for earlier kid. Sorry about that." I said as I lend him a hand to get up from the ground.

"Its fine, hopefully from now on we get along." He said with a smile on his face. He took my hand and I helped him back up.

"Now that you two have made up, let's head back." Urokodaki Sensei said.

(A/N: Wanted to get this out before Christmas ended, so it might be shit. I'm doing well mentally so don't you worry about me. Merry Christmas everyone and I'll see you next.)