13

(Age:11)
.
.
.
"Kiyoshi!"
.
.
.
"What!"
.
.
.
"You're blade is here!"

I got up from my futon and rushed towards the door. I made it to the living room area and saw Urokodaki Sensei and another masked man who I assume was here to deliver my blade.

"Congratulations on becoming a demon slayer. Here's your Nichirin Sword."he said as he handed it over to me. I unwrapped it from the cloth it was in and gripped the handle. I examined every part of it before the color of the blade changed to a different one. The blade was now blue.

"As expected from one of Urokodaki's students."the masked man said as he turned to Urokodaki Sensei. He gave a slight nod as I was still holding it. Suddenly, a crow flew in.

Caw Caw! Your first assignment has been given! Caw! Go East and investigate the nearest town of demons! Caw Caw!

I was surprised. My first assignment that quickly? Well I wasn't complaining, this is what I was trained to do and eager to set out to do. I went back into my room and grabbed my knapsack and put on my demon slayer uniform. I exited my room and made my way towards the door. Just before Urokodaki stopped me.

"Kiyoshi!"
.
.
.
I turned too see what he had to say.
.
.
.
"Stay safe out there."he said.

I nodded and headed out the door before hearing the masked man say...

"He doesn't talk much does he?"
.
.
.
(A Few Weeks Later)
.
.
.
A few weeks had passed since I have been given my first orders. Since then, I've been given new assignments like they were nothing. I didn't mind it though, I needed it.  I needed this to become stronger in order to beat the demon that took away everything from me. After each mission I made sure to keep one of those creatures alive and demanded any information on the one that killed my family. They told me that if they revealed anything about him or the higher ups, then they would be killed instantly. Of course I couldn't care less and demanded that these animals tell me. They didn't...none of them did, I knew right away that finding him won't be easy.

As the missions kept coming, finding any information on the demon grew harder and harder. None of them would talk or refused too. I was getting angrier and angrier. Because of this, I quickly became more cold and bitter towards other people. As a matter of fact, I stopped to talking to people in general. Only speaking to my superiors when needed to. It was pointless to have any personal connections to anyone, I knew sooner or later that just like everyone else I loved, they too could perish. So I would push people away. 

That all changed one day.
.
.
.
Caw!New Assignment!New Assignment! Caw! South, you are to go south and rendezvous with two other demon slayers and take out a demon terrorizing a town. Caw! Caw!

" I could do this assignment on my own. Why do I need to do it with other people." I questioned the crow. It flew towards me with such velocity that I had to duck. It came around and started pecking me.

Don't question it. Caw! Just do it! Caw! Caw!

"Alright alright, jeez."

As I head towards the town, I continue to question why the higher ups of the Corps would do something like this. I'm among the strongest and fastest demon slayers in the entire corps. I don't need any help from anybody. I continue to walk for a couple more hours until I finally arrived at this town. The town itself was fairly big, mostly residential areas and a couple of commercial areas as well.

I guess I was the first one to arrive so I waited by the front gates of the town. Finally, one of them had arrived. It was a girl. She had brown short shoulder length hair with black eyes. She was wearing the standard demon slayer uniform and was wearing a dark pink haoir with white flowers scattered over it. She glanced over to me and looked relieved. She walked over to me and started talking to me.