10

It was late at night, I was stood outside the estate. Guarding it and listening in on what the Pillar meeting was about. It seems the quality of the Demon Slayers have lower in manpower. It doesn't surprise me considering how many had perished at Naogato Mountain. Not only that, but they discussed the sudden appearance of Muzan and how important this is to the Corps. Not once did he mention my encounter with Muzan, which I'm grateful he didn't, it would've heated up tension with me and the rest of the hashira.

"I look forward to seeing your success. Dismiss."
.
.
.
The meeting had ended and one by one, each of them started leaving. Most of them didn't say anything to me, which I didn't mind. The first to finally speak to me was Obanai, who didn't have nice things to say.

"I don't know what you're up to protecting that kid and that monster. If it ever eats a human, I'll make sure you pay for it."he fiercely said. I took his statement with a grain of salt.

"I'll look forward to that day then."I responded. He walk away with a concerned Mitsuri Kanroji going after him.

"I'm so sorry about that Kiyoshi." She said.

"Don't worry about, it's nothing. "

"So your finally back now? Feels like it been forever huh?"she replied.

"Yeah, feels like it been ages since the last time I've talk to you. Let's catch up sometime, if you're okay with that." I asked.

"Yeah, I'd like that. If you would excuse me now." She said as she dismissed herself and ran after Obanai. Seems like her love for him hasn't changed after all this time. I chuckled a bit before I saw Shinobu walking out.

"Shinobu."

She didn't listen, so I called out to her name again.

"Shinobu."

Again she didn't listen, so I grabbed her hand and stopped her from walking away from me. She turned around with a annoyed smile on her face.

"Yamamoto-kun, we're in public, please refer to me by Kocho-San. Thank you. "

"Why are you mad."

I had a pretty good reason as to why she's mad

"Oh I don't know, maybe it's because you knew that Tanjiro was a carrying and protecting a demon, and you knew about it and instead of doing your duty, you let it live."

Yep, just like I suspected.

"I have a good reason for doing what I did. Please wait for me by the front gate and I'll explain everything.

"Oh I don't know, it's getting pretty late and I'm tired. So I don't feeling like waiting for you. After all you di-"

I leaned in for a kiss, because that was the only way she was going to shut up and it work. She stopped talking and as I backed away, she was red as a tomato. I let out a small chuckle.

"That wasn't funny. Why'd you do that all of sudden. "

"Cause I felt like it. Besides, you look cute when you're all flustered." I smiled, while she was trying to recompose herself.

"Well, looks like I have no other choice then huh. I'll wait for you then. But hurry up, I'm tired. "

"How long are you going to keep this up." I heard a voice say. It was Sanemi. Looks like he was was still angry about earlier today. He walked to me and stared at me intensely, trying to intimate me.

"You were pretty bold today. Considering that you turned your back on us all those years ago."

"I had my reasons."I said.

He got angry and looked at Shinobu.

"You better put your little boyfriend in check, Kocho. If you won't I will."he said as he walked off. We both looked at each and chuckled.
.
.
.
I walked into the Ubuyashiki Estate and met with Ubuyashiki-sama.

"It's nice to see you among the Hashira again, Kiyoshi."he said.

"It feels weird to be among them. Since that day, I've haven't been in contact with them. Only you and-"

"Shinobu I know. How are thing between you two?"he asked.

"Things are alright. Thank you for asking."

"I see, it's nice to see you two together after all the horrors you've endured."he replied. "Now, onto the important matters at hand. Any intel on the location of the Upper Moons?"

"No, so far I've been unlucky trying to find the location of their hideout, much less their whereabouts."I stated.

"Aww, but you do know the name of one particular demon though, don't you."

I was stunned...

How'd he known?

"I know about your encounter with Muzan. It happened the same night Tanjiro encountered him. So what was his name.
.
.
.
"Douma."

"I see...well then, since you're the only that knows about this information. I'll leave it up to you to eliminate this Douma. But beware that the thoughts of revenge and rage don't cloud your mind." He stated.
.
.
.
"I won't let you down Ubuyashiki-sama. That's a promise."

"Very well then. You are dismissed Kiyoshi."

I stood up and bowed, before I left the estate. I walked to the front gate where I saw a lonely Shinobu looking at the full moon. The light was projecting down on her. She looked beautiful, it reminded me why I feel in love with her in the first place. She noticed that I was looking at her and smiled. I began blushing. She went over too me.

"You two took long. What were you discussing?"she asked.

"Oh nothing, just stuff regarding the Corps." I replied. We began walking as we talked about numerous things ranging from our recent missions to what we should do for our next date.

"There's a lake nearby that I've been wanting to visit. I heard the sakura trees there are beautiful in the spring."she explained. "I thought maybe you'd want to go with me?"

"Well, I'm not doing anything for the next couple of days so, I don't see why."I replied

"Really. You want to?"

"Why wouldn't I? As long as I spend time with you, I'll be happy to go anywhere you want to go."

She seem happy when I said that not to mention that she was blushing like crazy. And so was I, i meant it. I took her hand and held it.

"Now, shall we go home?"

"Yeah...let's go home."

(A/N: Another chapter done. Who knows I might drop another. See any grammar mistakes, let me know. Thank You. )