27

"What the heck is up with the chairman? Asking me to come here only for me to go to the roof?" Karma asked as he walked to the roof "Seriously what's on here-"

"Hello" Ai greeted as she stood at the center facing him

".....uh... is there something here that the chairman wanted me to get or something?" Karma asked

"No. We just need to talk" Ai said as she ushered Karma to come in and close the door

Karma did just that "....Look Ai-"

Ai cut him off "Before you say any excuses I just wanted you to know that I wasn't lying when I said I was looking forward to your confession... I actually have feelings for you as well as Shu, but since I was with you more I grew to like you more because you also showed more affection than Asano. I though I knew you but I realize that I was wrong when I heard you say those thing"

Karma sighed "I like you too... and I'm sorry for saying all those things. I know it was harsh but you were gone for too long that I was just well bored, but then Itona and Ritsu came short after, and a little while after that, it was like you were never there, I started enjoying myself even forgetting that I was waiting for you until Nagisa reminded me"

"So I'm easily replacable?" Ai asked

"No you're not" Karma said "It was just me, maybe to forget my boredom I just brushed you out of my mind"

"That so?" Ai chuckled and raised an eyebrow

"I know I lied a ton of times, I tricked you and fooled around too, but just like how you forgave Asano for all the teasing he's been doing, can't you do the same for me? I swear I really do like you" Karma said "T-the kiss... that was also my first kiss.... I wouldn't just give it to you if I was fooling around. I swear I took you seriously when you were here"

"So whenever I'm away you'll continue to trash talk me, stab me behind my back, or maybe get another woman while you're at it" Ai said "And you tell me to forgive you like I did to Shu? You may not know this but he is actually a very nice guy, he didn't need to be told what he did wrong, as soon as he noticed I was angry he quickly apologize and so far hasn't repeated. I also found out that he won't force anything on me... especially when I was drunk"

"You're full of praise with that guy huh?" Karma chuckled, the more he talks with Ai the more he realizes how little chance he has of the apology being successfull "You must havr fallen for him like those other campus girls"

"No. I didn't" Ai corrected " Those campus girls like him solely because of his looks, riches, and his influence. I don't think they had interactions like we had.We had a rivalry at first, then turned to a little bullying from both sides, a little teasing here and there. And somewhere along those lines I kinda had feelings for him"

"You never judged his appearance, or social status" Karma said "You didn't do that to me too... I had to gain your affection"

"You certainly threw me in a loop" Ai said "And here I thought you were my rollercoaster... although we did fight a few times, it was nothing really"

"Nothing?" Karma frowned

"Now you frown?" Ai asked, purposely saying it was nothing "Now you know what it feels like to be called the interaction that we had was nothing, here you are frowning"

".....I'm sorry"

"Our conversation is going in circles" Ai furrowed her eyebrows and sighed as she looked at the sky "What do we do now? We can't go on like last time, I can't forgive you yet "

"You can't?" Karma asked "You really can't?"

"I will forgive you eventually... but not now" Ai said as she looked back at Karma "And even if I did we're not going back to the way we were"

"Nothing? Would make you change your mind?" Karma asked but got a no from her "Can we at least be friends again?"

"...I'll think about it" Ai said

"...Fine.. at least we got progress"

Ai smiled "Yeah.... I'm going back now"
~~~

Asano was still in the infirmary lying down on one of the bed he fell asleep after closing his eyes for a few minutes. Ai has arrived a minute ago at lied down next to him waiting for him to wake up

*yawn* Asano yawned as he opened his eyes blinking it for a few time before sitting up

"Good afternoon" Ai said as she sat up beside him

"Ai.... how did the talk go?" Asano asked. He was a bit nervous to even ask

"Well we talked and sorted out things. I told him I can't forgive him yet" Ai said which made Asano sigh "It made me feel better talking it out to him though. Thank you for doing this"

"No problem" Asano said. He intertwined his right hand with her left "I'll do anything to make you happy"

Endings upcoming in the next chapters