XII

Scotch's POV

At the clubhouse I climbed off of Iarann's Harley, leaving the guys behind without further comment. The need to be alone right formed inside my head and I started walking in the opposite direction of the club.
"SCOTCH! WAIT!" But I didn't listen and kept on walking.
The clubhouse was a little out of town, so only fields of corn and wheat surrounded the buildings which belonged to the club. It was a nice place.
So I kept on walking when I sensed someone walking next to me. Iarann silently kept me company, without saying a word, without looking at me. I was grateful for that, because if he would say something lovable, I definitely would start crying.
My mind was spinning, can't control the thoughts in my head. On one point I was kind of happy, on the other side I didn't even recognize myself anymore. Who am I? Attacking people in the light of the day, banging their head in? I kind of was disgusted and afraid of myself at the same time. Never did I do anything like that! But why did that bitch get on my nerves that much, that I lashed out and punched her guts? Sure she was nasty and a hoe, but that doesn't clarify why I let her words touch me that much.
Was it because she fake offered me a job? And I knew I never would get that job because of the condition of my body? Or was it because she was insulting Iarann? I really grow more into loving him. Shit. Did I just say love him?
Confused I continued my way. Iarann still by my side.
When it got dark though, he took my hand in his. "Let's head back, love.", he said quietly, waiting for my reaction. Simply nodding at him, I followed him, our hands still intertwined.
"I am sorry." I said after a few more minutes of walking back. Iarann didn't answer, he just squeezed my hand a little, letting me know that he heard me.

Back at the clubhouse, we stayed outside, cherishing the silence of the night. Barely any motorcycles were here anymore, so nobody was outside when we came back.
Iarann pulled me to his motorcycle and gestured to me to sit down. I obeyed and sat myself on it. The irish man put out his pack of cigarettes, fished two out and lit both, handing me one. Halfway through the cigarette, he cleared his throat. "What's going on in tha beautiful head of yas?", he asked quietly. I sighed. "Too much, too confusing. I don't know..." "What exactly happened, that ya ha to punch that chick?" "I honestly don't know. I guess she just pressed the wrong spot. Work was fucked today, so I already been in a pissy mood and then I walked into that scumbag and yeah." "Do you have off tomorrow?" I nodded. "Yeah. Gladly. I really think about quitting. It's a shitty job with shitty payments and with shitty working schedules." Iarann smirked at that. "What job isn't..." "Yeah probably you're right. Don't know what to do. Usually I would say I always could go be a hooker or something, but even that doesn't work out for me..." "I donna like where this is heading... but please continue. Why do ya think ya couldn't pull off being a hooker?" "I am to fat. Nobody wants to see that." Iarann looked at me worriedly. "Are ya for real?!" I just nodded and took the last drag of my cigarette. Iarann crouched down in front of me, so he could see into my eyes. "First of all. Yar more worth than being a hooker. Second. Why do ya think so low of yaself?" I just shrugged. "Iarann look at me. I am nothing. I honestly can't understand what you see in me." Iarann shook his head. "Baby, lemme tell ya sumthin. In my eyes yar the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on. Aye, there are skinnier girls outta there, but who cares about those twigs? Yar body is in every way beautiful. Aye, you have thighs and an big arse. But tha is alright! Ya gave birth to Josy, ya carried her in ya womb for a long time. Look at Tanja or at Skye. Both of them show the signs of pregnancies on their body. And both ain't skinny." "Skinnier than me.", I whispered. "Stop it Corallee. Ya are amazingly beautiful.", he said and laid his hand on top of mine. Tears welled up in my eyes. "If I just could show ya how beautiful ya are through my eyes!" I looked at him, his eyes full of emotions. "Corallee, honestly. Nuthin's sexier, than a gurl, fighting for her man. Ya just did tha. For ma. Nobody ever done tha. No gurl ever." I chuckled a little at that. "Ah, there's tha stunning smile of yas. Come on, love. Let's head inside. I need to clean ya up, tha nasty cut there needs some treatment." He got up and pulled me with him.

Later that night

Iarann's POV

I shooed Scotch into the shower and decided to go and leave her be, giving her some privacy.
Seating myself on a couch in the common room, I pulled out my phone. Dialing Jimmybobs number, I waited for him to answer.
"Hey Iarann. How's the criminal?", a laughing Jim answered.
"Aye, tha's why I'm calling. Is ya gurl around? I need some kinda advice." Some muffled talking on the other end. "Jim told me, you need me? What's up?", Annie asked. "Did ya know sumthin about Scotch's insecurities?", I asked her bluntly. "Oh shoot me. Again?" She sighed. "That bastard. Listen Iarann. Corallee never had a big self esteem. She always wanted to be like the other girls. But she came around. Then she started dating Josy's sperm-giver. The first couple of months we didn't realize how she changed, not until something really bad happened. Her Ex was pretty controlling. He started saying stuff like don't eat that, it will make you fatter than you already are, don't do that, you're to big anyway... we all tried to talk to her, but she insisted that he was right and that he's only taking care of her. Then she got pregnant. We were out, shopping for the baby. Of course after some hours of shopping we got hungry and headed to the food mile in the mall. Corallee was about four months pregnant and lost some weight. Of course nobody of us thought different of that what we are told, because we didn't know any better. She told us it is absolutely normal loosing some weight in the first trimester, but something felt off. After lunch she excused herself because she had to pee again. I went after her, call it my eighth sense or something. I found her on the restroom floor, sweaty and puke everywhere. She was unconscious. Of course I called an ambulance and she was brought into the hospital. I informed her mother immediately and all of us met up with her in the hospital. Corallee almost lost her kid that night. That son of a bitch forced her to take pills, because she was getting to fat. She was pregnant for God's sake! Those pills were from China or something, they made a big worm grow in her stomach, what ate her up from the inside. Rosie called the police as soon as we knew what's going on. The fucking police officer just told us, he can't do anything against that, because there was no evidence that Scotch was forced into it. When she woke up in hospital, they told her she was lucky, because they saved her and the kid, she decided to move in with her mother again. She never let Pete that asshole near her or her daughter again. But since that time she struggles. She's still not eating on a regular basis. She skips meals. Somedays she is just eating once. We try to keep an eye on her, but that's not as easy." I swallowed hard. "Thank ya for telling ma. Tha son of a bitch..." "Iarann?" "Aye?" "Take care of her. She needs you and I can tell you are doing her good." "I will Annie. Thanks again." "Don't worry. Have a good night." "Aye, yar too."
The line went silent.
Shocked and angry I sat on the couch, trying to sort out my thoughts.
How could somebody treat a perfect woman like her that way?