XV.

It wasn't long till somebody shook me awake.
"Hmn?" I opened my eyes, groggily trying to focus on the person in front of me. "Iarann we have a situation... table in 5, brother.", Crazy whispered. I nodded at him and yawned. "I'll just put ma gurl in ma bed... I am there in a few." "Take your time." He got up and went outside to wait for the others.

Carrying Scotch carefully into my room, I placed her gently on my bed, covering her body with my blanket. She was totally knocked out. Sighing quietly, I kissed her forehead. "We definitely talk about tha, lass!"
With that said, I glanced at her again, got up and left silently the room.

At the table

"So can ya guys say what happened and what's so urgent to ha two meetings a day?", I yawned tiredly. Owl looked at his hands, I had the feeling something's bothering him.
"Two of our brothers of the Bonecrusher MC were found dead just outside in the swamps.", Owl told us. My eyes grew wide, just like the others. "Who?" "Nelson and Ghost. I'm sorry." Crazy shook his head vehemently. "No that can't be. I just talked to my cuz this morn!" "I know, it's hard to take. I wish I could tell you guys something else. Buffalo just called me thirty minutes ago and told me.", Owl apologized. Crazy screamed in pain, the club knew how close he and his cousin were. Breaker was at Crazys side, trying to comfort him somehow.
I cleared my throat. "What shall we do now prez?"
Owl took a moment, then he looked all of us in the eye. "At least for now, we don't know who killed them. The bodies of our brothers are at the coroner, waiting for an autopsy. Buffalo and some of his club come by tomorrow at around noon, maybe we have more informations till then. Crazy, I know you want to do something, but please stay put tonight until we have further infos. As soon as we know whose responsibility that was, they will pay for it. I already told Buffalo, retaliation is yours, Crazy." Crazy nodded, breathing heavy. "Yeah." "Ok guys, sorry for this. But it was important. Gavel dismissed." Everyone got up and hugged Crazy or patted his shoulder.

Some of us gathered outside after the meeting. I took out one of my cigarettes and lit it. Taking a deep drag, I rubbed my eyes.
Why is it everytime something good happens, the shit hits the fan and all is going downhill?
I thought about the last couple of days, about Scotch. About Scotch and her daughter. I just hope everything will be fine in the end.
I don't want her to be in the middle of some bullshit bloodshed.
Sitting by myself on a table outside of the club, I sighed.
Crazy came to me, he looked broken and angry. He seated himself next to me, lightening a cigarette.
"He didn't deserve to leave this fucking world like this." "Aye. I know." Resting my hand on his shoulder, I was in some kind loss of words. Crazy looked at me. "What's going on in that head of yours?", he asked me.
I sighed loudly. "Just an old man trying to not worry to much..." "...worry about?" Looking at the concrete I answered quietly. "Worrying if it is selfish to drag the gurls into this mess. Tha was never ma intention."
Crazy thought about that for a minute. "Scotch's a big girl. She will get it, what it means to be an ole lady, Iarann. There is stuff you can tell her about, you know that. The death of two brothers shouldn't be a secret." "Wise words, boy, wise words." "Yeah... I am not always the lunatic I seem to be." I grinned at him. "Yar full of shite, Crazy." "You should know that by now, Iarann." He smirked at me and got up. "Heading home. Telling my mother what happened. Ghost grew up with me, my mum practically raised him and shit, because my aunt was still under age." "I am really sorry, brother." "Yeah..me too. Till tomorrow." "Tomorrow, aye. Take care." "You too."
And with that he left me, mounted his motorcycle and drove away into the night.

Some time later, I was still sitting outside, all alone thinking about everything, Scotch appeared in the doorway. "Lennox?", she barely whispered. "Come here, babe.", I said quietly. She made her way slowly to me, coming to a stop right in front of me. "Am I interrupting anything?" "Nah." I patted the free spot next to me on the table. Scotch took the offer and scooted closer to me, wrapping her arms around herself against the cold night. "You weren't in bed." "Aye. Couldn't sleep." "Did something happen?" "Aye." I swallowed the lump in my throat down. "A befriended club of ours lost two members. One of them was Crazy's cousin.", I explained to her. No need for beautifying bullshit, when it stinks for miles. "What happened?" "We don't know yet. Tomorrow some of the Bonecrushers come here, hopefully with more details." She nodded, rubbing her arms. "I guess they didn't die of a natural cause..." "Unfortunately not.", I whispered, looking at her. "Look.", I sighed. "I get it if ya want to leave ma, we know each other for what? 6 days? I-I...." "I ain't gonna leave you, Lennox." "This will probably end bloddy... but... I'd rather die as I am, as ma, than live as someone ya think I should be."
Scotch stayed silent for a while. And there was it again. The feeling I had before. Exactly that feeling again. A deep shudder from within.
Scotch breathed out slowly. "I am way to sober for this..." She whispered and shook her head. "Look, Iarann. You asked me to be your old wife, I talked to Tanja about it. She told me a tad bit, what that's supposed to mean. I won't back up. I just can't. I know that this life is... different... but I am still up for it. You won't change my mind, even if you pull shit like that. Besides of that. A couple of days ago, when we were on lockdown, I overheard a conversation between you and my kid. She likes you. Very much. I can't destroy that, even if I would like to. So i guess you have to accept that we are in this together."
Scotch got up. "So if you don't mind - I am heading to the bar, I guess I need a drink." And with that she turned around and let me be.

Again sighing, I got up after a few moments, following her inside the clubhouse.

The Monroe brothers sitting at the bar, Corallee next to them.
I made my way over to them, nodding at Jimmybob and Madman, facing Scotch. She handed me a whiskey, I smiled slightly at her and downed the liquid fire. Scotch got up, smiled at the boys and then at me. "I am heading to bed. Night boys." We bid our good nights and she left the bar, going straight into the back.
Madman and Jimmybob looked at me. "Oh my God... you really... love... her, do you?" Pouring another shot of whiskey I nodded. "Aye."
Then I got up, leaving the guys behind, making my way to my own dorm.

I opened the door, seeing Scotch sitting on the bed, facing the door. "I knew you would come.", she whispered. "At least I hoped you would."
Without further hesitation I crossed the space between us and laid my lips on hers.

The minute her lips touched mine, I could feel it. I was home.