Chapter 11: the message

Chloe's POV
I check my phone to see five new messages. It's probably just Paige or Maddie. To my surprise its anonymous.
-Don't sink skin deep, or you'll be the one I beat! --- SBS

My heart skips a beat. SBS what does that stand for. Who is that is my most perplexing question. I try to text back but it won't work. Then, I receive a message from Maddie.
-Paige is hurt! Come ASAP 2 da hospital! Black Sword did this!
~I'm coming!!!
I grab my phone and jacket and run to the hospital, which is only a few blocks down, and dwell on the fact that it's all my fault.
----------------------------------------
"Is she okay?" I ask out of breath from running ten blocks.
"Not really she's in a coma what do you think!!!!" Maddie yells, but then quickly apologizes since she's just stressed.
"How bad is it doctor?"
"She's not in a critical state, which is good, but a single distribution and she's..." She takes her finger and moves it left to right on her her neck, symbolizing death.
"Oh!" I respond apprehensively looking down at my best friend. It was nearly impossible to not break down in tears, but it's something I had to manage so Kenzie wouldn't cry. Even though, I strongly dislike her, she's still Maddie's sister.
How could this happen? It's my fault for getting them involve, and now I'm going to loose my bestie since before pre-k. I can't help but let a tear roll down my cheek.
"It's okay we'll get through this together." Maddie says giving me a sympathetic smile to hold back her tears building up in her eyes.
----------------------------------------
At night I see a masked figure rapidly appear then disappear. I couldn't tell if it was real or if I was a hallucination. It kept reappearing so I went by by open window sill. Something grabs me and I'm getting pulled in another bag.
"SBS GENUIS!" Some one with a voice translator says.
"Thank you master!" I was feeling so sick. It was Black Sword and someone.
"Although, Abby ran away I still think we can kill her." I think Black Sword says.
"Whatever. Let's properly dispose this one this time." Some one says throwing me in to the ocean or some lake. I try to float, but it's no use. I start to sink. Slowly I close my eyes. This is how it would end at the bottoms of the sea.
"Hold on!!!" Maddie screams. She's going to save my life!
"Thank you so much!" She takes me out of the water, shortly before she gets pushed.
"Sorry I knew you couldn't swim!!!" The masked figure chuckles leaving as Maddie starts to sink. I yell for help and jump in. I grab Maddie who's unconscious and drag her out. I dial 9-1-1, but I'm afraid it's too late. The ambulance comes and I see my other best friend ride up to the hospital.
What a nightmare!!!!!
AN: ( hey guys! Comment who you think is the new "apprentice" or if you think it's still Sophia. Comment what you think may happen, and who knows I may just use that idea! Have a great day!!!)