Chapter 18: Court and Plane Fixing

Paige's POV

I stood in shock and confusion. I thought Cathy was Black Sword. I look at my sister in disbelief. Chloe was right. In the beginning I couldn't even imagine this happening. The words that Chloe said reverberated through my head. "You can't trust anyone." Now looking down at Brooke and Kamryn I was no better. Tears swell in my eyes.

"Paige it was self defense." Maddie reassures me and the doctor comes in.

"What's going on here?" He asks.

"They were going to kill us... So.. I... I... Used that thing... As self... Defense." I stutter.

"You do realize I still have to take this to court?" I nod my head.

Chloe's POV

"It's working!" Tess exclaims. She gets a notice on her telescreen.

"One of the SBS and I'm not sure if Brooke is SBS, Black Sword or an apprentice, but she's dead too." My mind spins with thoughts. I'm both happy and angry and confused all at once.

"Kamryn was SBS number 1." Tess adds. We hop into the plane. It was working pretty well.

"We can go back to Pittsburgh." Tess says and my mom and I cheer. It's been pretty brutal the last few months. In October the ALDC burned down, in November Black Sword tortured us, and now December Black Sword and SBS tortured is, which I must admit was the worst of them all. All that we have left is the one SBS.

The plane takes off, and every second I'm more excited to see Paige and Maddie. I miss them so much! I look at the date on Tess' telescreen. It was December 24! I can't believe it was Christmas Eve! I wonder who killed SBS and Brooke. They must be trying to track us down too.