Chapter 13: the revenge and reveal of black sword

Chloe's POV
I show the doctor my phone. He gasps as he calls 9-1-1. The police try to track down who it was. My mind races with thoughts and emotions. I couldn't describe my feelings. I was apprehensive, but also proud and accomplished. The worse part was the text that followed.

-erasing data complete. You'll never catch me! BTW I'm sending Black Sword. Ps. He comes unmasked, but it will be the last day you breathe ---SBS.

Now I don't feel so proud and accomplished.

"Doctor she's going into a dangerous state." A doctor tells the other rushing into Paige's room. I gasp as a tear rolls down my eye. This has to do with SBS.

"Her heart rate's increasing." The other doctor adds. I wait in the waiting room frightened. Closing my eyes I think all of our great times together. I miss the sweet sound of Paige's voice and her laugh. Why did this happen? What did she do? It's all my fault she was protecting me. I dwell about it for the three hours in the hospital.

"She's stable!" The first doctor says quietly leaving the room. When they leave the room they clap, and I join.

_______________________

I get home and my mom puts the mattress by her bed. I don't understand why she doesn't just move my bed besides her's. I wake up at 6 when my mom's alarm clock goes off.

"Sweetie I have to go to work so you'll be with the Zieglers for a while."

"Okay." I sigh. Mackenzie was the disappointment of the plan. I get driven her house. Maddie can be released in two hours so we will have to go there later, but I'll think about that when I get there.

I think about that threat yesterday. I wonder what was the whole thing about Black Sword was. I arrive to a house that was empty.

"Where are we?" I ask, but my mom was gone. I can't see anything until I realize the person who dropped me off wasn't my mom. It rips the mask that looks like my mom. At that moment my mind spins. This moment I will find out all the answers I sought for. At the same time a great depression fills me, for this may be the last time I breathe.

"CATHY!" I scream.

"Yes little scum I am the black sword. The one who almost killed Abby and started the fire. The one who drugged Sophia so she'd work for me. I also was the one who drugged Mackenzie so she'd be crazy and report everything Maddie has done. It is I and now you shall die!" Cathy says taking out a very sharp pointed knife.

"No! Please don't do this."

"Oh honey it's not for you." She says taking out her flashlight and pointing to my mother and Abby.

"Just kill them yourself and I'll let you go."

"How can I trust you? Besides they're my family, are you some sick monster that spends all it's time trying to find ways to torture people?

"Basically." She getting the knife closer to my neck cornering me to a corner.

"Do it!" She yells. I see a cop car ride up just in time. Thank goodness I had 9-1-1 on speed dial. I must of butt dialed it.

"This isn't over!" She yells, trying to run away, but failing tremendously getting caught. The police car drove away with her, and I run to untie my mom and Abby.

"Ow!" I yell as I rub my neck with a gigantic cut from the touch of the knife Black Sword pressed against my neck before. It stung and I felt awful emotionally and physically. My mom got a ride in the other police car with Abby and I. They put us in some shelter where we'd be safe. We had to aboard this helicopter to go to Australia to hide.

Thinking through I'd probably never see Maddie or Paige, and I'd never talk to them (they took away our phones so Black Sword couldn't track us.)

When we finally get there there's a bang and we crash landed into a large forest, and with that there's another fire.