Part 7

School was over a lot sooner than either of the two wanted it to be.

Steve has been a nervous wreck. He felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders and he needed to talk to someone that he could trust-  bucky.

He found him during lunch while he was talking to wanda and glancing occasionally at Sam. Steve walked over and pulled bucky aside to talk to him.

"Bucky I need to talk to you about the other night."

" what happened the other night?"

" when we were round Tony's house. I couldn't sleep so I went to get some water, and I think Tony had the same idea but with something a little stronger.."

" he was drinking at night?"

" yes but that's not the problem here, we were talking for a bit before I went into the living room, I didn't want to wake you so I laid down on the said and fell asleep. The next thing I know tony is laying on top of me, oh my god bucky I couldn't help myself. He kissed me and I kissed back! He was drunk! I I do t know why, I just couldn't let the opertunity pass. I've liked him for years buck but I never thought he felt the same.

But the next morning he didn't remember but earlier today he asked if I wanted to go round his house. Just the two of us to talk."

" oh."

" yeah"

" well it looks like strived hot a date!" Bucky shouted happily.

" no no it is not a date. What if he remembered. What if he questions me and asked why I kissed back. What if he doesn't like me? What if he does? What if ...."

" stop saying' what if ' and actually find out. My advice- tell him the truth. Be honest. It's the best way forward."

" yeah thanks bucky."

From the corner of his eye he could see Sam looking at bucky.
"
When are you going to ask him out?" Steve asked casually.

" who? What? Where? When? Why? How..?" He was stuttering and being genuinely really awkward.

" sam obviously. He likes you and you like him too, so go over there, take your own advice and talk to him, good luck buck and thank you."

He left without saying another word, leaving Bucky there with his mouth open but filled with courage to talk to Wilson. His crush.

—————-

As the bell rang after last period both Tony and Steve made there way to the front of the school where they waited for each other. Of course Steve was there first and Tony apologised as he was late. The walk to Tony's house was quiet and awkward as both if them had the kiss on their mind. They were in for a long night.