Part 8

It was awkward. Very awkward. neither new what to say, and it made it worse. They both had feeling towards the other, but they didn't know how to say it. Too soon they were standing outside Tony's house. Tony unlocked the door and the wo boys made their way upstairs to tonys room.

"so, erm, about what happened...."

"Im sorry Steve, I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing but..."

"no you don't have to apologise tony, it was a mistake and I'M sorry that its changed our relation ship."

"friends?"

"yeah, Friends."

They shook each others hands and forced a smile. Their hearts were aching, the man they loved was standing in front of them, so close, yet they didn't think they felt the same. they were not prepared to loose the friendship they had over a petty crush.

"so, erm, do you need any help with the homework?" Tony asked trying to ignore his earge to lean forward and kiss Steve again. he longed for his lips ono his own. He had come to realise that he was desperately in love with his friend, but knew he would never feel the same. this had to do.

"oh yes please." it was steve's excuse to get tony closer to him. he lent over his shoulder to help steve, and with each passing second he had to resist the erge to pull him on top of him. He had never felt like this before, with anyone. Tony was perfect in every way. And he didn't know how to he would get over him.

-----------------------------

over the next few weeks tony and steve had hardly seen each other. Steve would make excuses every time their was a party, or the group was going to do something together and tony would be there. He didn't think he could move on if tony was always around him, reminding him how perfect he was and how much he was in love with him.

Tony was always busy. Like any other time something was bothering him he would throw himself into science. Hw wouldn't go to his friends house or see anyone. he ignored everyone at school as well. He couldn't face their questions.

one day Bucky cornered Steve in the training room. they were alone so no one would accidentially over hear them.

"Steve are you okay? you seem to be preoccupied."

"what? oh yeah im fine thanks."

"is it tony?"

Steve sopped punching the bag and slouched. He didn't look at his friends but he didn't need to. Bucky already knew he was crying. he pulled him into a hug. He hated to see his best friend like this.

"did you tell him?" steve shook his head. " he doesn't feel the same."

"oh yeah, well how come he hasn't seen you all week. you are both avoiding each other because you don't know how to tell him how you feel. Tony's doing the same. " and in that moment a plan hatched in Bucky's brain.