XXXX. a Finley, Finally

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD.

Chapter 40

After a month since Leo asked for my hand in marriage, we finally exchanged vows.

At last, the day both of us are eagerly waiting for.

Believe it or not but the wedding was simple. Nothing too fancy. Well, maybe the gown that I chose to wear since I really am into fashion but aside from that, everything is plain yet still beautiful.

From our venue to our number of guests, everything is minimal compared to my first wedding which I ended up as being a widow. But hey, at least this time, I am marrying the man I truly love.

Our total number of guests is around 15 since Leo and I decided to just invite a few guests which, of course, include Judy and her husband, Martha and her family and a few friends of Leo in the military.

The wedding ceremony happened in our very garden. It was Judy who transformed the whole mere garden into something magnificent. Let me tell you something, friend. I have a strong feeling that Judy is now pregnant but I doubt either Judy or her husband has a clue yet.

In addition to that, it was Judy who dressed me up, putting a few bits of flowers around my hair. Gave me a white shoes as her wedding gift to me.

During the ceremony, I almost laughed out loud if only I weren't so nervous because Leo was so funny standing on the other side of the aisle. He seriously looks so adorable.

Of course, he had his eyes on me the whole time and by the time I reached him, that's when I realized he was sweating so hard.

"Don't worry, I won't be a runaway bride," I murmured to him as Leo offered his arm to me.

After the wedding ceremony, the after party was so much fun. Everyone is dancing, especially the orphans who also have their eyes set on the sweets in the corner.

Meanwhile, Judy and her husband were once again being strange yet funny because at first, they are being sweet, way too sweet to the point the headmistress of the orphanage kept looking at them with such a judging eyes and the next thing you know, Judy is angry at Jacob for not giving her the food she wants.

"I can't believe it took them long," murmured Leo at my side, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

I let out a soft sigh and exclaimed, "and what took them long what, Leo?"

I then looked up at him but he was just staring at his cousin. After a second, he diverted his attention to me and stared at me. Our faces are inches apart.

Everytime our faces are so, so near, I still can't stop myself from blushing even now that I am finally married to this dork.

"Took them to bear a child," he answered. My mouth hung open with what he just said.

"They've been married for almost two years, you know. Everyone was so surprised when London's finest reckless bachelor suddenly proposed to the primadona queen and yet everyone was more surprised when she said yes when in fact that everyone knows she loathes the sight of him," he added.

"Well, the more you hate, the more you love, they say," I replied, smiling.

Leo just stared at me, smiling as well. He then kissed me on the cheeks which made me blush, his arm still around my shoulders.

"Still, what took them long to have a child? Did they even consummate on their first night?" Added Leo that made me blush in a different way.

I hit him in the shoulder and said, "Why are you asking such a thing like that?"