2 • 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬

You were surrounded by wisteria flowers. There was what you assumed to be two girls, standing in front of all of you guys. There were many different people. You wanted to socialize and make a few friends but there was a dreadful thought in the back of your head saying. They were gonna die.

After the two twins introduced themselves and told you the rules and ranks. The final selection began. You ran into the forest. Jumping from tree to tree. Your mind was thinking of a plan.

'I have to watch out for demons during night , during day will be easier since they can die. So that means I'm a have to be nocturnal and stay up during night time, and sleep during day time.'

After making your plan you smiled , well that was before you tripped on a tree root. Your face collided with the wet dirt.

Hold up, wet dirt. You looked up and seen a demon drooling. "Finally, food." You got up and took out your sword. "Not today, satan." You slashed the demon's neck. He then turned to dust. You placed the sword back. Wiping the dirt soaked with drool off your face you found a river. You being you, made a DIY fishing pole. You dug in the dirt finding a worm. You grabbed the branch with the attached string that was from your haori, you put the worm on a hook bent wire that you found in the forest. You started fishing. While doing so you got a fish easily and fast. You cut the fishes head off and threw it god knows where. Other than that we love a DIY queen, better than 7-minute crafts.

You wrapped the fish in a big leaf and placed it in a small bag also made of leaves so you could cook it later. After a few demons were killed by you, the sun peaked out the sky. You made your way around and found a cave. You set camp there and decided to use that as a home for the final selection.

꧁꧂

After seven days the final selection finally ended. On average you possibly killed 2 demons a day. In the end you probably ended up killing 14, which was impressive. While walking back to the final selection you noticed there were only a few people.

꧁꧂

On the way back, you had on your new demon slayer uniform. But yours was unique, most demon slayer uniform had long pants , but your's were like shorts. The shorts went up to your thighs, you preferred this since you said the pants would get in your way. When you performed your own breathing technique, it got in the way since you were flexible.

Your technique was very rare you could say , your mother was the one who taught you this. The thought of your mother made you smile sadly. While walking back you placed your warding mask on your head. It was a kinda long way back to Sakonji so you picked up your pace.

꧁꧂

Sakonji was walking back and forth nervously in the distance. His heart was beating at a high pace. 'What if she died, what if she didn't make it? I can't believe I let her go. I just wanna hear her call me pops again, maybe father. I miss that kid.' His aura turned from nervous to gloomy. He was starting to believe that you weren't gonna return.

"HEY DAD! Guess who's a demon slayer!?" He perked up at the sound of your voice. "(Y/n), kid is that you?" He said dramatically reaching out for you. You sweat dropped, "Yes sir!" You brought him into a big hug. He crushed you in the hug, he couldn't believe himself. A mere kid like you almost made him cry, a kid like you almost made him not want to be in the world if you weren't here.

"Did you know I slayed around 14 demons!" He let go you and high fived you. You noticed he had a letter in hand. "Hey what's that?" You pointed towards his hand. "Oh nothing." You looked at him with a glare. You were about to use your secret weapon, puppy eyes. You looked towards him with puppy eyes begging him to tell you. "Fine. One of my old students informed me that a kid name Tanjiro, is who I will be training." You smiled brightly, "A new kid?!" He nodded, "He has a little sister." You jumped excitedly. "You know he's just like you."

You glanced at him confused. "He just lost his family, all he has is his little sister, which is a demon." You we're really confused, '-a sister as a demon?' "Confusing right? But she is a demon. But anyway, I'm cooking better get inside." You perked up, his food was sure delicious. "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to get my sword in a week." He nodded.