28 • 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

As you both stared at each other after the kiss , green eyes watched. "Oh-" The small red roses , freshly grown herself , dropped on the floor. "-it's fine , should've known they were meant for each other." Her smile was soft , but her heart ached watching this.

|~~~~~~~~~~~|

Everyday for seven days you would check up on Tanjiro. You were drinking tea , everyday after that night. Muichiro would bring you small flowers , even if you weren't dating he still showered you with his love. As you were drinking tea you saw Tanjiro moving fast.

'Come on Tanjiro land a hit!' You nervously watched drinking your tea. As Tanjiro dodged the dolls swing , as he was falling Tanjiro also swung his sword. You crossed your fingers hoping he could land a hit.

Watching intensely , as Tanjiro swing he did land a hit. You got up dropping your tea as the glass broke. "YESSS!!" You landed a blow Tanjiro-San!! It was so soft it didn't do shit! But you earned it!" You smacked Kotetsu's head for cursing. Usually you did that , when you first came to watch you noticed he was a foul mouthed kid.

"Rice balls with plums!! Tea! Super high quality!" Tanjiro yelled in pain as he was laying on the ground. After he got up and after Kotetsu got food you all sat at a small table.

"This is so gooooooodd." Tanjiro moaned as he ate the rice balls. You looked at Kotetsu as he sweated from your glare. "You didn't feed him for seven days did you?!" Kotetsu nodded. "N-no I fed him!" Tanjiro looked at you with a 'No, he's lying look.'

You smacked the back of his head. "Kotetsu you could've killed him from exhaustion!" After eating you sat from a far distance watching Tanjiro get back to training.

The air around you grew thick , 'He better hit it again!' Watching Tanjiro fight the doll again you watched how intense it got. "Come on Tanjiro!!" You cheered , he's getting closer. He's predicting the attacks now!

As this continued you noticed an open spot. Tanjiro tool noticed of this spot too , his sword headed for the neck. You watched as he hesitated to attack for the neck. "Cut it down! I don't care if you break it! I can fix it for sure!!" You watched as he landed the hit.

You got up happily approaching him. "Are you okay?!" Kotetsu asked as Tanjiro fell with half of a sword still in hand. "S-sorry I broke the blade I borrowed." "It's fine don't worry." After Kotetsu said that you heard cracking looking up your smile grew. "Wha?!"

Where Tanjiro hit the doll it cracked open and broke.  As that happened something came out. "Something came out! K-K-Kotetsu-Kun something came out!" You deadpanned. "What is it?!" "Well I have no idea either. What is it?!"

You approached the doll. "It must be a 300-year-old blade of something." "Yeah this is... wow so what now?!" They both got red in excitement as you studied the sword. "I can't stop getting excited!"

"Tanjiro you can take it! P-p-please take it!" "N-n-no I Can't. The doll became worn down from years of attacks. It just happened to break when it was my turn." You watched as Kotetsu was standing on Tanjiro's knees.

"Tanjiro-San, you were in trouble since your sword wasn't getting forged right? Then go ahead. I own it , so I get the say." "No no no, you can't."

"Metal forged during the Sengoku era is of really good quality take it." "Are you sure?" They approached the doll as you watched them. 'What if they get possess?...' "Should I pull it out?" You let a small giggle escape , they turned to you. "Nothing , nothing." "Yeah, I wanna see it."

They opened the sword , "It's rusted." They both feel on the ground as you sat down. "Well, it has been 300 years and nobody got their hands on it. In fact , nobody even knew about it. Sorry for getting you worked up over nothing..."

Tanjiro cried , you sat up , "It's okay don't worry about it." "Waaaah! Tanjiro-San! Tanjir- I'm sorry!!" Kotetsu apologized. "What the-" You turned your attention to an approaching person.

"Haganezuka?" You said as he approached , with no shirt. "WAHHH! HAGANEZUKA?!"

"I heard everything leave it to me." "Leave what to you?!" Tanjiro said confused. All three of them got into a tug-a-war fight with the sword. You helped both Kotetsu and Tanjiro trying to get the sword.

"Please! Let it go! Wait... are you even trying to take it?!!!" "Leave it to me..." Is all Haganezuka said. "No, this is Kotetsu-kun's!!" "Leave it..."

"Please tell us Haganezuka-San...." "leave it..." "NO! Leave what!" Kotetsu screamed confused. Haganezuka finally got us to let go. He started to swing it to swat us away. We all got on the ground so we wouldn't get hit. "I'm telling you all to leave it to me!" "WAAAGH THAT's not what adults should do!" Tanjiro yelled on the ground.

"Boys and.... a girl, Haganezuka's weak point is in his sides. Aim around here." The male with a mask that looked similar to Kotetsu's tickled him. "Hya ! Hya ! Hya !"

"Ah! Kanamori-San!! It's been a while." Tanjiro said , you looked at the male. "Hello there , Tanjiro-Kun. Haganezuka-San will just fall limp when you tickle him. So I'll do the explaining. Please forgive the man. He was training in the mountains." Kanamori looked towards you.

"Who is this Tanjiro-San?" You smiled. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n) , the Color pillar." Kanamori bowed. "My apologies for making you see Haganezuka like this when he's around a Hashira! You're quite young like the mist pillar." You nodded at his words.

"I will deal with the rusted blade! Allow me to refine it with my Nichirin polishing skills that the Haganezuka line has passed down for generations." Haganezuka said swinging his arms.

Kotetsu let a breath out. "Then you could have said that from the get-go. You keep saying 'trust me' even though you don't try and establish mutual trust. You just keep repeating it again and again...." Haganezuka grabbed the poor child by his shirt holding him. You tried to reach for Kotetsu but Haganezuka was too tall.

"SIDES! SIDES! SIDES!"