39 • 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

Kaigaku hugged you tight as if he saw death itself. You saw the ledge you were looking for. You used the wall to push you towards that direction midair. Getting closer to the ledge, you reached for the bars that were used as a fence. Finally getting closer you grabbed it.

Kaigaku grabbed the fence and held on. "You almost dragged me to death with you." You looked at him, "Shh! We're gonna have to fall again soon." Kaigaku muttered under his breathe. You flung yourself over the fence. You were in someone's balcony. Kaigaku did the same.

"Most likely he's gonna come down to check if we survived. And if he sees we're alive. He's gonna come search for us. So we better move... quickly." You got up and jumped over to the other balcony. You did this 5 times til you were at the end of the building. Seeing the ladder go all the way down to ground level you let out a small chuckle. "Look Kaigaku, we can get safely down how you want."

You went down the ladder as Kaigaku followed. After reaching ground level, you both took off the kimono used at the cult building. Of course you had your haori on still with the demon slayer corps uniform under. You then started to run, "Hey Kaigaku where's the forest so we could hurry and head back."

He fumbled with the map, "North. So that means."

You both grumbled as you both did a 180. About to run, Kaigaku grabbed and pulled you in the dark beside the garbage bin. "Ka-" You covered your mouth before whispering next to you, "Uppermoon."

This guy's senses were good because as soon as he said that you saw the uppermoon look around. "Kaigaku... (L/n)~ Where are you two? I didn't see your dead corpses on the ground outside."

He then turned around noticing we weren't this way too.

Kaigaku and you stayed like this for 5 minutes until it was confirmed that he left. Starting to run you saw Kaigaku fumble with the map again. "Let me see the map, clearly you don't know how to use it Jessica." He frowned, "It's Kaigaku." You ignored him and read the thing.

"We gotta keep going until we see that sign right Kaigaku?" You didn't hear him confirm it so you turned around, "Kaigaku-" You saw him being held in the air with one arm getting choked. "(L/n)-chan~ Why did you have to run? It would've been easier if you stayed. I won't hurt you! Unless you try to run away, I would probably break a leg."

You watched Kaigaku struggle. "Put him down." The uppermoon gushed at how mad you were. "You're so adorable (L/n)-chan! No wonder Muzan-sama really likes you!" You frowned before smiling brightly, "I'll come peacefully if you let him go."

The uppermoon gushed even more, "I would love to, but he got in the way so I have to kill him." He turned back to Kaigaku. "Is that right!?"

You grabbed your sword with a frown. It emitted a bright red. "I said. Let. Him. Go."

"What was that (L-"

'Color breathing: First form; Burning red slice'

Kaigaku gasped for air as soon as he dropped. The uppermoon looked at his arm. It was gone, it was like it was cut with a clean slice, but his arm felt like it was burning. You moved too fast for him to even see that happen.

Kaigaku ran over. You looked at his neck seeing it was fine but he still was gasping for air and there were some small cuts. You then looked at his face for any cuts. He was okay so you looked back at the uppermoon. The uppermoon stared at his arm for a while before turning towards you.

"So cute (L/n)-chan. You saved him." He then regenerated his arm quickly then started clapping for you. "But it seems like he'll get in the way." He then took out what looked like his fans, fanning himself. "You're such an adorable little thing (L/n)-chan. Too bad you just had to be so important to Muzan-sama."

You looked towards Kaigaku, then whispered. "When I say go, we're running."

The uppermoon smiled, "I don't think I introduced myself. I'm Douma, uppermoon two." He smiled even more seeing the fear in Kaigaku's eyes. "Well I don't think Muzan-sama told you much about me either." He turned his attention towards you. "I'm (Y/n), (L/n). The color Hashira. And I don't give a fuck about who are, unless you hurt my friends." You jumped towards him unleashing your sword, 'color breathing: Thirteenth form; burning red drowning tsunami'

Douma's eyes widened. It was like time slowed down itself. You had jumped towards his with your red glowing sword leading a large red tsunami, that looked like waves of fire. It was so bright he was used his fans to block him from the light. When he looked away you had aimed for his neck. But there was no way it would have been this easy. Knowing it would be hard to behead him, you aimed for the torso.

Your blade had made a clean cut through his body. The incoming tsunami of red flames had sliced his body in multiple ways. One of his arm had fallen off, and his foot was fully cut. There was also deep lacerations all over his body. Some lacerations had burnt spots. You looked towards Kaigaku. "Go." He got up quickly running, you followed.

Douma looked dazed for what seemed like 5 minutes. He regenerated his body looking at you running in the distance. "Such a cute attack (Y/n)-chan~ You made me see true fear for once. But the next time I see you, I'm not letting you run away." Douma sat there dreamily remembering the tsunami of flames. 'An amazing strong attack, enough to make me overwhelmed (Y/n)-chan~'

Kaigaku ran out of breath. You both had been running for the past 20 minutes nonstop. Kaigaku fell face first along the grass that was next to the trail. You sat next to him, breathing heavily. Kaigaku stared at the stars getting his breath back. He turned to you seeing you curse at yourself.
'Is this really what a Hashira can do....? She seemed so clueless, but scaring an uppermoon. Can I even do that?'

Turning to Kaigaku you tried your best to keep him calm. "We lost him. We're fine."

He looked at your leg, then poked it. You flinched. "You sprained your ankle when falling." You chuckled, "No I didn't." He then poked your side, you flinched once more. "Your side is also bruised. Also that attack wasn't you at your fullest potential... you were slower?"

You sighed, looking at Kaigaku with a smile. "You shouldn't put yourself down after seeing my attack. Plus you should worry about yourself." You turned towards him taking out a bandage wrap you always carry with you.

"Here let me help you." Kaigaku watched as you wrapped the bandage around his neck where Douma had scratched him when he was choking Kaigaku. "There! You'll be fine, make sure to go to the Butterfly mansion so Shinobu could help. She's better at this medical stuff than I am."

Kaigaku nodded then stood up, he then helped you up. "I could carry you back..." Kaigaku suggested looking at you. "Nah I'm fin-" "I insist!" You sighed, "Sure." He crouched down as you climbed on his back. "You also need to go to the butterfly mansion. Your leg seemed sprained." You patted Kaigaku's shoulder. "Thanks for your suggestion and I will. I'm just tired." "Yeah." You then leaned forward to look at Kaigaku.

"You're actually a cool guy, Kaigaku." He turned to his side. Seeing how close you were he turned away with a blush. "Whatever." You smiled, "I'm being truthful! Also don't act like I don't remember what you told me at the beginning of the mission. Don't compare yourselves to others, focus on yourself and your own improvements! Also don't be like one of those cliche guys that turn evil when they want more power alright!?"

Kaigaku chuckled, "Yeah..." You chuckled after him looking up, "Well you better get ready to hear my amazing stories of my old fights against demons! Because this is a long trip back!"