36 • 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐤𝐮

You bowed in front of Master Ubuyashiki. "(Y/n)."

Respectively answering you kept your head down. "Yes, master?" You couldn't see but he gave a concerned smiled down at you. "I'm concerned in you. All the pass few missions , you have been involved with uppermoons. Two of which paralyzed one Hashira. Are you sure you don't want to take a break?"

You declined the offer, "Sorry , but I have to decline. The mission you currently gave me involved another demon slayer corps. I don't want to let them down in helping them with this mission. So please , let me do this mission."

Master Ubuyashiki's understood, "I understand (Y/n) . I have something else to tell you. I have been getting letters from Urokodaki, the former water pillar. You need to visit him , he's worried , he hasn't heard from you in a while. So please write him back soon."

You bowed , "Thank you for letting me know Master. I also have one more question." "Go ahead." "Who is this demon corps member I will be working with?"

Ubuyashiki waved his arm towards his younger daughter. She walked over before reading the letter. "Kaigaku , he was trained by a former lightening pillar."

You bowed once more , "Thank you master Ubuyashiki. I'll be leaving for my mission now." Ubuyashiki smiled , "Goodbye my child."

❁𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹❁

Looking at the map you searched for the village. Your mission was to find who's attacking the village. Complaints and reports of women disappearing from this village is high.

"Kaigaku , Kaigaku. I don't think they gave me information about his appearance." Looking through the village which was full of people talking and eating at food booths , something caught your eye. It was a male with a black kimono , with the demon corps uniform underneath. He had black hair and turquoise eyes , also his demon slayer corps uniform was slightly opened revealing his chest. One more key detail was a blue choker thing  around his neck.

You walked towards the male then tapped his shoulder , he was tall compared to you. He looked to be around your age too, "Excuse me sir?" He turned towards you with a raised eyebrow. "What?" You pointed to your demon corps uniform , "Are you Kaigaku , I'm also from the demon slayer corps."

For a second he narrowed his eyes measuring his height. He then opened a paper , "You're (Y/n) (L/n)? The Color Hashira that is helping me with this mission?" You nodded happily , "You're too short and young to be a pillar."

You stopped for a moment, "I guess."

He started to walk off, "Hey wait where are you going?" He turned slightly, "I'm starting the mission." "But It's not night, the demon will most likely be out at night!" He shrugged, "I don't really care, I just wanna finish this mission."

You smiled, "Then let's make a plan!"

❁𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹❁

Kaigaku sat in the chair across of you bored staring at you. "So first we'll find the exact location where woman have been mostly disappearing. Then we'll try to find where the demon is- Hey are you even listening!"

He blinked, "Sure."

You frowned, "Hey why are you so spaced out?" "Reasons, please continue." You crossed your arms. "I'm pretty sure it's more than that, come on spill. Tell me what's on your mind. So you could be more focused."

Kaigaku got stiff for a moment but relaxed. "It's nothing just continue." You shrugged, "Okay, but if you're not paying attention I'm gonna make you spill!"

He shrugged once more, "Whatever." You sat up looking outside, it was dark. "So after we find the location of the demon. We go for a sneak attack, so we'll be able to take him or her, down fast. Af- Hey! Tell me what's on your mind now."

Kaigaku frowned, "Just repeat what you said." You crossed your arms. "Spill!" Kaigaku got up, "You're here to just do a damn mission not to help me with personal problems. So let's go."

You stayed in place, "I don't care if I wasn't here to help you, but I am gonna help. So sit down and tell me." Kaigaku sat down looking annoyed, "Fine, only because I wanna finish this mission."

You leaned forward trying to listen. "Somebody is on my mind." You smirked, "A love interest?" "More like dumb swordsman." Confused you continued to listen. "He has the same breathing technique as me, lightening. I was supposed to be Kuwajima's successor, but no, I have to share it with him."

"Is there a specific reason you don't like him?" He leaned back, "He's weak, he can't use a single technique. There happy you now know what's on my mind." You stood up, "Well we should get to our mission, also you shouldn't compare yourself to others. You're the best at what you do and that matters!"

Kaigaku stood up, "I guess."

❁𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹❁

You both walked into an alley, where multiple women have been disappearing.

"Remember my plan Kaigaku?"

"No."

You stopped, "What, but I told you step by step." He shrugged, "How about we go with my plan." You stood there, "Tell me what it is then." "You're bait for the demon."

You stepped back offended, "Why me? I'm the pillar here so you should be the bait." Kaigaku disagreed, "But you're a girl, and the mission specifically said the demon only took woman. And I'm not a woman, I clearly have a-"

"I understand! Fine, I'll be bait and you'll help me take down the demon from there!" You held your hand up happily. Kaigaku walked off hiding behind a wall. "You we're supposed to high five me back but okay."

Shuffling back, you sat on the ground. Humming a tune, you heard a door open. "Oh are you here to see him? Are you the new member?"

Confused you stood up, "Pardon, but what do you mean sir."

He chuckled, "You must be new, you're probably here to see him. Well let me give you a warm welcome. Welcome to Eternal Paradise."