Ch. 1 - Let Me See Him!

They won't let you in, the voice in the back of my head tells me.

Oh yes they will, I'll make them.

Have fun with that, the voice laughs.
Shut up.

I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. My conscious is eating away at me.

It's your fault, Luke, it hisses, He could die, and it would be all your fault.

"Shut up" I mutter under my breath, earning a weird look from the old lady two seats in front of me. I ignore her, just to avoid drama.

I think the last thing half the school expected after Michael was rushed away in an ambulance, was to see Luke Hemmings, Michael's bully, to suddenly disappear durning lunch. They probably expected to see me sitting at my usual table, laughing about it to my 'friends'.

The bus I was on finally stopped in front of the hospital and as soon as the doors opened, I was out and running inside.

I asked the lady at the front desk where I would find the a patient named Michael Clifford, then bolted up the stairs to the floor she said he was on.

Even if Calum might, Ashton will never let you in, the voice in the back of my head laughs again.

That's not going to stop me from trying.

And yes, I know Ashton & Calum are with Michael, they left in the ambulance with him. I had called Ashton to ask what had happened.

I know, I'm not Ashton's friend, yet I have his number... How? Well, I have just about everybody's numbers, I have my ways of getting them from other people.

It was extra hard to get Michael's number though, because he doesn't really have any friends... But I managed.

I got snapped at for running before, so now I'm walking at a fast pace towards Michael's room.

The second I walk into Michael's room, Calum & Ashton are on their feet and blocking me from getting to the bed.

"What are you doing here?" Ashton growls.

"I came to see, Michael" I tell him, trying to sound calm.

"Since when do you call him by name?" Calum whispers in confusion. He's hiding slightly behind Ashton, like he's afraid of me... Which wouldn't surprise me.

"You can't" Ashton snaps.

"Yes, I can" I snap back, glancing around them to see Michael, he's awake and just frowning at me in confusion. "Michael, let me talk to you" I beg.

He hesitates slightly, like he thought about replying, but doesn't end up speaking.

"Get out" Ashton orders.

"Make me" I mutter.

So he does.

Next thing I know, there is a door being slammed shut in my face.

"Prick" I mutter under my breath.