Chapter 23

"You'll be great babe"

We were currently still living at my parents  and it was officially my first working day with Hunter. I was slightly surprised he hadn't called the whole thing off. It certain wasn't like he gave me a warm welcome back.

"I dunno like what if I fuck up" I nervously pulled at my hair.

"Oh come on Hunter will probably take it easy on you been friends for years although he does seems kinda weird" after the first meeting Sam hadn't seen Hunter again.

"His just ...different" I struggled to explain Hunter to Sam.

"Yeah I guess that's one word for it"  he climbs out of bed and wraps himself around me giving me a long kiss.

"I'll miss you"

"Miss you too, I hope you do manage to find somewhere today" Sam was heading out to look at some apartments

"Yeah me too I'll send you photos and stuff"

I gave Sam a quick peck as I rushed out not wanting to be late.

Once I parked up at Andersons offices I still had 10 minutes to spare. Phew I wasn't as late as I thought I was going to be. Straightening my skirt as I got out of the car I tried to settle my butterfly's. I'm just nervous because of the new job I tell myself.

"Bella!" I was greeted by a warm hug from a blonde who I recognised as Penny as soon as I opened the doors. Huh I hadn't seen her since that dreadful meal but I knew she was still working here. I suppose out of sight out of mind.

"Penny" I was taken aback by her warm approach I kinda of got the impression she was a bit of a bitch but maybe it was just my jealous side talking from the last time we meet.

"I was so happy when Hunter told me you'd be working here it's nice for him to have someone he used to be so close with" I nodded unsure how to respond. We're they still together? "I"ll show you up to his office his bound to be up there already" I think I was expected to follow so I quickly rushed to join her in the elevator.

As we stood I took a glance at her flawless appearance and suddenly felt not so confident in my plain black dress and minimal make up. No wonder Hunters Dad wants them together they are the perfect a flawless match of perfect human beings.

"So um what do you do here?" I made awkward conversation as we travelled up to the highest floor.

"I do a bit of everything really although I'm great at accounting so I'm normally down there"

"Hm I see" so she's good at maths too. I thought it was a unwritten rule that most good looking people aren't that clever.

We finally got the final floor and she directed me toward the back where a shiny name place said Mr H Anderson.

"So this is his office I guess you'll be up here most of the time" she knocked

"Come in"

Penny stepped in first as I followed my body suddenly really nervous.
"Arabella here" Penny smiled and indicated to me. " Thought I'd show her up quickly I gotta get back down so I'll see you later" she smiled at Hunter and headed out. "See you soon Bella" I gave her a half hearted wave.

"Thanks" Hunter answered as I looked round.

"You have a beautiful office" I didn't want to start of awkward since we hadn't cleared the air and it was true He did have a beautiful office. Being at the top you have a lovely outlook onto the busy town below.

He ignored my statement as he stood up from his desk. "As we are going to be working together a lot now I just want to clear the air I can't have this company fail because of anything" he signalled between us. Ah it seems his thoughts where similar as mine. This was a different Hunter he seemed in business mode no emotion more grown up "I know we left things in a argument but I'm sure we are both professional enough to not hold a grudge"

"Oh yeah of course"

He continued like he hasn't heard me "I'll be honest, it wasn't my idea my father was trying to be helpful. Just know I don't give favours and won't go easy on you. If you mess up your out" I nodded as he held his hand out. I nervously put mine into his as he gave me a strong shake. Ignoring the warm fussy feeling I got at our touch.

"Good glad that's sorted" he gave me his trademark smirk as he took a seat. "Take a seat and I'll run through what I need you to be doing"  was he pretending he wasn't affected by our touch or was he really not. I pushed away the sting that maybe he had now moved on I'm with Sam why did this matter to me. I suddenly felt like I was back being a young teenager lusting after this guy.

It didn't take long for Hunter to show me the ropes. It was general secretary things like managing his diary taking calls and arranging meetings. It wasn't too difficult but will certainly give me the experience I need to climb into higher positions.

"So does that sound good with you" I must admit he look really good in his office, powerful it suited him.

"Yes I understand that's all fine"

"Cool your desk is just outside" he dismissed me and I found it - but disappointing but also glad he was being so professional. Although I missed our fun times I sighed and left to find my desk.

Lunch time came around and after getting to grips with the system I was going to ask if Hunter wanted to have lunch together maybe we could have a bit of a laugh like old times but before I could find the time to ask I saw Penny come out of his office hand in hand. She was laughing at something he said.

"Oh Arabella, we are just heading out for lunch do be a darling and divert all calls we might be a little while" she flashed me as smile as she snuggled into the side of Hunter body. I didn't think I was even going to be getting her calls....

I nodded "sure of course" I pretended to be uninterested as they walked out I let out a deep breath. I couldn't help the rush of disappointment Why was I so affected. I had Sam now... I knew working here wasn't going to be a good idea. Damn it!

Hey guys thanks for reading so far so I'd love to get to know you better :)
Sooo questions!

Do you have any tattoos or want any? If so what and where? I have a rose design on my thigh and a Roman numeral date on my rib :) answer in the comments