The Power of Fire

"A Honedge huh."

Slowly, the floating steel pokemon drifted through the air, approaching the three of us. Once again, Growlithe assumed a defensive stance, unsure what the mysterious pokemon was up to. However, I reassured the puppy pokemon that there was nothing to be worried about as the pokemon didn't look harmful or malicious.

"What about that other pokemon? Where did the other one go?"

The boy on my shoulders was rightfully concerned about the location of the pokemon that had abducted him and brought him here. But, there didn't seem to be a trace or anything telling me that it was still around.

"It's gone now, don't worry."

As the floating sword like pokemon drifted toward us, it lowered itself, closer to the ground, on eye level with Growlithe. Both pokemon let out happy cries, indicating that the other pokemon had indeed been dealt with.

"This pokemon here must have helped to protect us. The other pokemon is nowhere around here."

Elaine's comment sparked new hope into the boy, allowing him to relax as he was now safe with the two of us.

"Elaine, could you take the boy back? There's something I have to deal with."

The light blonde nodded in acceptance. I lowered myself to the ground, allowing the boy to climb off. His leg was still scratched so it would have been difficult for him to walk however, she came up with a solution once more.

"Espeon, come out to help us."

From the pokeball, emerged a small purple cat like pokemon. The end of its tail split into two and a red orb placed on its forehead shone dimly in the night sky. Her blue eyes glowed green as a faint blue light encompassed the boy, lifting him into the air.

"You won't need to worry about your leg. It will be just like your flying!"

The boy was overwhelmed at first but soon allowed himself to relax as Espeon carried him back to Coumarine. Elaine waved goodbye but I assured her that we would meet once more.

---

"What's wrong Honedge? I could tell something was up."

The ghost pokemon looked relieved that I was able to pick up on what he was trying to convey. I couldn't ask the question around the boy otherwise it could have scared him even more and right now, all he needed was to get back to his mother.

Honedge floated toward me, only a few inches from my face. He let out a cry, indicating that he wanted us to follow him. Growlithe and I exchanged brief looks but we assured ourselves that the pokemon could be trusted. After all, he helped us out a lot back in the abandoned house.

For around ten minutes, the two of us trailed behind the ghost pokemon as he headed through the forest, leading the way. Every so often, he would turn to see if we were still following with a worried expression. This must have been important.

Eventually, the three of us stopped, just shy of a clearing in the woods. The sword pokemon lowered itself to the ground, showing us that we needed to be quiet or we would be spotted. By who, I didn't know but we weren't going to risk finding out.

"This the last of them?"

A voice caused Growlithe and I to jump onto our stomachs as we laid flat among the shrubbery, hidden from sight.

"Yeah, should be enough. Still don't know what we need 'em for though."

I was able to see who was speaking through a gap in the bushes. Two people wearing all black clothes as well as orange masks that concealed their identities stood facing each other. One was impatiently tapping his left foot on the grassy floor while the other simply stood with both hands in his pockets.