Inspiration

From what I had been told and from what I had found out, Lysandre had vanished off the radar. His whereabouts were unknown, meaning that I couldn't do much to stop him. In Geosenge, I was able to deter Team Flare, disrupting their experiments. However, if I was unable to stop the group from their head, my actions were sure to be in vain.

Following the events in the Team Flare base, the Blaziken Mask and I returned to Lumiose. We spoke little on our trek back, but I was glad to know that the masked trainer would be returning to his family in Lumiose. I didn't want to pry into his business but the man insisted that it was alright for me to get to know him on a personal level, considering everything that we've been through together.

Just before we stepped through the south west gate, the Blaziken Mask and his pokemon parted ways with us, returning to the city their own ways. Luckily, I only had to continue on for roughly ten minutes before I came across my friends, nearly all of the group sat around one of the park benches.

"Hey Aaron!"

A husky voice caught my attention. I looked up and instinctively made my way to the five teenagers who were sat around the bench. I joined the group, sitting beside Trevor who was currently scrolling through his pokedex.

"You're back just in time! The masterclass is in two days and we wouldn't have wanted you to miss it."

I hadn't realised that the contest was so soon. Speaking of performing, I quickly noticed that Elaine was not sat with the rest of the group. I assumed that she was refining her routine, but Serena's voice caused me to doubt that.

"You came back at the perfect time Aaron. You see, we haven't been able to get a hold of Elaine and we were hoping that you'd be able to reach her."

After the honey blonde finished speaking, I turned my attention to the rest of the group who nodded seriously, agreeing with Serena. With that, I waved goodbye to my friends, concerned for Elaine.

---

I searched the city for close to two hours with the help of Dragonite and Ninetails. All of a sudden, a thought hit my head like a train. I wondered how I had skipped past one of the most obvious places that Elaine would likely be at.

Atop the winged dragon's back, we made our way across the city, landing at the entrance to the main park in South Lumiose. I couldn't explain why I thought that she'd be here, it was a gut reaction and this time I decided to act on impulse.

After a quick search, I was able to locate the light blonde. She was practicing her performance routine with her pokemon, some of whom had evolved. Elaine was still unaware that I was with her as I closed the distance between us.

We were in a small clearing in the thick tree line near the border of the park. A look of pure concentration was plastered on the light blonde's face as she tried to perfect her routine. I could tell that she was thinking of every possible routine and how to perfect each one.

"Altaria, use dazzling gleam and Primarina, use sparkling aria!"

The combination of the water and fairy move created large sparkling bubbles, each floating in a circle above the performers. Espeon was instructed to use psychic, as the sun pokemon manipulated the the sparkling bubbles into heart and star shapes as Altaria danced beautifully through the bubbles.

Despite the amazing display, I could see that Elaine was still not content with the result. She wasn't being harsh on her pokemon as it appeared that they shared her expression. I could tell from their faces that they were lacking inspiration. They just needed that spark to set them on the right path, ensuring their victory in the masterclass.