Undying Fortitude

"Aegislash, I'm counting on you."

"Pyroar, stand by for action."

For the second time this battle, the royal sword pokemon was called on. Quietly, the steel pokemon eyed up his opponent who also remained silent. A large red and yellow fur mane surrounded the neck of the royal pokemon as his crystal blue eyes narrowed with concentration.

"Fire blast."

"King's shield!"

Once more, the protecting move proved its use, completely negating the powerful blast of fire. As a result, a large cloud of smoke rolled over the battlefield, and into my lungs. My throat burned as the heavy substance stuck to the muscular walls of my windpipe. I spat out blood as I composed myself after the side effect of the clashing moves.

"Now, shadow sneak!"

A swift slashing noise was all that could be heard as the royal pokemon was thrown out of the cloud of smoke with such great force, that the thick fog dissipated. Aegislash followed with another attack, striking his extended arm square onto the skull of his opponent, earning a cry of pain.

Just as the sword pokemon raised his other arm to follow the attack, he winced in pain, causing all concentration to be lost. Deciding not to press on, Aegislash expertly backed away, before turning in my direction briefly. The previous battle must have taken a toll on the sword pokemon but I knew that he had the ability to pull through.

"Iron tail."

"Counter with sacred sword."

In a flash of light, two brightly glowing limbs collided with each other. The metallic silver of Pyroar's tail emanated true power. The lion pokemon had jumped into the air, twisting his body to gain as much momentum as possible to add to his already vicious attack.

However, Aegislash was able to dig deep and counter the powerful move. His sword like body had shifted to counter his opponent. Both pokemon were putting their all into their moves, neither giving an inch.

"Fire blast."

The instant Lysandre called for the next move, a blazing inferno had already been directed to the sword pokemon. Due to the close proximity of the two pokemon, Aegislash was unable to protect himself in time, suffering a direct attack from close range.

Pyroar's attack had thrust the ghost pokemon into the air, causing him to land in a heap on the floor. I knew that the remainder of the battle hinged on this particular fight. If Aegislash were to be defeated now, then it would be a two against four, the odds favouring Lysandre massively.

My pleas for help were answered as the royal sword pokemon stood back up, hitting his free arm against his buckler shield to demonstrate that he still had more to give. However, the super effective attack had clearly taken a toll on the pokemon, his metallic body scorched by the blazing fire. Aegislash's shield had a blackened streak of burned metal running down the middle. The hilt of his blade also marred significantly. Despite all of this, Aegislash was prepared to continue fighting, not wanting to let the team down.

"Alright Aegislash! Use shadow sneak!"

In an instant, the sword pokemon had vanished into the air, reappearing in no time behind his opponent. Pyroar was unable to react as Aegislash swung his glowing arm into his side, knocking the wind out of him. Fueled by a second wind, the sword pokemon continued, striking his opponent with continuous attacks, knocking him to the ground each time.

Then at last, the fiery pokemon could no longer stand. Pyroar collapsed to the ground in defeat, unable to continue the fight. The barrage of attacks from the royal sword pokemon had proved to much to withstand, the victory being awarded to Aegislash.