New Heights

Following my victory over Lysandre, the former champion inducted me into the hall of fame,adding my name to the previous champions of the Kalos region. As my pokemon's data was being recorded, the head of Team Flare had been particularly quiet, not saying any more than he had to.

Thinking back, I could still clearly remember the number of emotions that danced across his face as he had the unfortunate task of handing his title to me. However, the few words he spoke out to me would stick with me forever.

"It would appear that I have been defeated in battle."

The words echoed around the large empty room. The sound reverberating off some of the statues and the few paintings of former champions that lined the wall. I remained silent, unsure what to say in response.

"A child was able to defeat me in an all out battle. How ironic."

Lysandre had often spoke about how children and younger people needed to stay out of the 'adult' talk. So it was clear to see the irony in how he had been defeated by a child, even with the help of legendary pokemon on his side.

"That being said, you have opened my eyes to the truth, young Aaron."

An air of silence filled the room, neither of us speaking for a few minutes. A pair of sapphire blue eyes flickered with contrasting thoughts as Lysandre processed what to say next.

"Our battle enlightened me like no other. My goal now seems far fetched and it is now that I realise that no amount of tribulation will bring my parents into the new world with me."

The tense atmosphere in the room began to die down. It became clear to me that Lysandre had now lost his desire to accomplish his goal of controlling the ultimate weapon. He had left his heart out on the field and I could now see that the man before me didn't want to bring about the devastation that would have followed, if he had fired the ultimate weapon.

"With that, Team Flare shall be no more. I have no desire to fulfill impossible dreams, thanks to you opening my eyes Aaron."

A genuine smile crept onto the former champion's face as he guided me to a machine. My pokemon had all recorded their data, meaning that it was now my turn to write myself into the history books.

"I hope that you continue to fuel the raging fire in your heart, Aaron. I believe that you have the power to quell the inequality of this region, no, the world."

At that, I scanned my hand on the reader before me. Within seconds, my data was displayed on the machine, beside each of my six pokemon.

A small smile crept onto my face as I reminded myself that we had finally accomplished our goal.

---

"Everyone give a warm welcome to our newest champion, Aaron!"

My feet automatically moved one in front of the other as I, alongside my six pokemon, made my way onto the large open stage at the base of Lumiose's prism tower. Thousands of people were gathered in the crowd, wanting to get a look at their newest regional champion.

Standing at one side of the large red carpet, I could see my friends all gathered near the front of the swarm of people. Each of them were shouting their support for me, but their voices were drowned out in the sea of people that surrounded them. However, I felt that I could hear each of them perfectly, even though no sounds reached my ears.

"I could always tell you were a special trainer!"

"If anyone could be champion, it'd be you!"

"You're a one of a kind trainer, Aaron!"