Just the Two of Us

Last night was hectic to say the least. The whole restaurant had been flipped on its head and news companies still had no idea who was behind the attack. Most people put it down to a random terrorist act in an attempt at a cash grab but those claims lacked any logical sense.

A fancy restaurant wasn't the place anyone should go to if they are looking to make cheap money and also the group didn't seem focused on stealing everyone's valuables. In fact, they seemed to be focused on something else, something hidden in one of the back rooms of the restaurant. What it was, I had no idea but it must have been important to them.

The group also matched the masked pokemon traffickers that Arcanine and I confronted near Coumarine so they must have been up to something. However, this group of people had never shown up before in the region so I suspected that not even the top detectives new where to start looking.

"You awake in there?"

A knocking at the door pulled me out of my thoughts causing me to jolt up from the bed.

"Yeah, come in."

Slowly, the door opened and in stepped a sleepy light blonde haired girl. She waved good morning before sitting on the chair in the room. All of the pokemon centers that I had stayed in were remarkably luxurious, with their rooms being very expansive. Each room even had an en suite bathroom as well as a television that rested on a stand at the back wall of the room at the foot of the bed.

Lysandre Labs, the company who funded all of this, were really generous and from what I had heard, they worked to improve the lives of pokemon trainers around the world, starting with the Kalos region.

"You sleep alright Elaine?"

The sun had just appeared over the horizon telling us that it was early morning. I was sure that like me, the light blonde was unable to get much sleep following the previous night's events.

"Not really. I was thinking about the upcoming showcase in Laverre City, trying to put together a routine for it. But the night passed and I still came up empty handed."

Laverre City was my next destination as that was the location of the sixth gym leader of Kalos, Valerie the fairy type specialist. It was nice to know that Elaine was heading there too so for once someone would be in the same city as my pokemon and I for the gym battle.

"That's where I'm heading next. Would you like to join me?"

The light blonde perked herself up from the chair she was sitting in. Her cheeks flushed slightly as her mind raced to formulate a respectable response.

"I-uh... It's just going to be the two of us right?"

I had to stifle a chuckle at her nervous reply as I teased, "Yeah. It looks like it's just going to be us two. All alone."

Elaine turned her head away quickly, but I could see that her face had flushed deeply in response to my teasing. She stood up from the chair before saying,

"I guess you want to leave as soon as possible so I will get all my stuff ready. Be right back."

With that, it was just me in the room alone with the company of the muted television. A sudden flash from my side, startled me, causing me to nearly fall off the bed.

"Watch out Dragonair, I nearly fell off!"

The dragon pokemon only laughed at my surprised reaction as she huddled close to me as I increased the volume on the television.

"...and following the terrorist attack last night at Restaurant Le Wow, the heroes who stopped the attackers had been photographed. Here take a look."