The Fallen King

"Yeah, you're right."

The boy who sat in front of me looked down to the table between us. I could sense the heaviness in his eyes as he lifted his gaze, making contact with me. His cheeks flushed a tinge red as he realised who I had suggested for him to talk to. He opened his mouth to speak but hesitated, unsure what to say.

"There's no need to worry about what she thinks. Serena couldn't think less of you even if she wanted to."

Once more, Calem's cheeks flushed a little, reacting to what I had just said. His mouth twisted into a slight smile, thankful that he had people who he could to talk to.

"Thank's Aaron, I mean really. I don't know how you even got into my mind but I don't really care. I knew there was something special about you, I'm just glad I was right."

With that, the obsidian haired boy stood up from his seat. He waved goodbye before walking toward the staircase leading to the upstairs rooms, no doubt to talk to Serena. As he left, I felt my mouth pull into a smile, realising that I had helped another one of my friends with their tormented pasts.

Slowly, I stood up from the table, heading to my room. The gym would hopefully be open tomorrow and I was going to make sure I was Wulfric's first challenger.

---

"Abomasnow, use blizzard!"

Already in his mega form, the opposing frost tree pokemon fired his snowstorm attack toward Sceptile, who was also in his mega form. With his already insane speed empowered through mega evolution, the attack was swiftly evaded.

"Fire back with dragon pulse!"

In a blur, the forest pokemon dashed to the side, firing a multicoloured beam of energy toward his target. Unable to avoid the attack, Abomasnow took the full force of the move. Earlier in the battle, he would have shrugged the move off but now, his pain was starting to add up, making it hard for him to match our tempo.

"Get in close with leaf blade."

The air around the dragon pokemon seemed to warp as he vanished before appearing before his opponent, slashing him twice across the chest. The frost tree pokemon stumbled back, stunned by Sceptile's insane speed.

"We're not giving up that easily. Abomasnow, wood hammer."

Even at close range, the dragon pokemon was able to gracefully step back, avoiding the attack. The ice pokemon's reckless attack left an opening for us. Sceptile quickly nodded to me, telling me that he saw what I saw.

"Finish the battle with focus blast Sceptile!"

With great speed, the grass pokemon launched himself into the air, clear off the ground and above his opponent. He spun in the air, firing off a huge sky blue sphere of pure energy, leaving Abomasnow with no chance of avoiding the final move of the battle.

As the attack connected, the frost tree pokemon was forced onto the floor, reverting back to his original form, unable to continue the battle.

Realising what this had meant, Sceptile and I ran toward each other, arms extended as the grass pokemon reverted back to his original form.

"Sceptile you were amazing!"

The forest pokemon returned the compliment but a voice cut us short of our celebrations.

"Young challenger, both you and Sceptile worked as one harmonious team. Your bond was shown in this battle and I must commend you on your victory. I award you with the final badge of the Kalos League."