For the Greater Good

The moment Elaine and I shared seemed to breathe new life into her performing. Her pokemon mirrored her uplifted spirit, now moving with more grace and precision than before. The incident forced me to reconsider what I thought about the light blonde, making me rethink what she meant to me.

Obviously, she meant a lot to me, and I to her. There were no clear drawbacks to me embracing what happened so, I allowed my heart to act before my mind.

"We should probably get back to the others. They're probably wondering what happened to us."

Elaine's soft voice pulled me from my thoughts. I agreed with her, the two of us and our pokemon set out to leave the park and regroup with our friends. The two of us agreed that we should keep the incident between us, not wanting to reveal anything just yet.

The walk through the city was mostly filled with silence, I could tell Elaine was in just as much thought as I was. I had never experienced anything like this, so unlike a pokemon battle, I couldn't have prepared for the incident.

Just as we set foot into North Lumiose, a serious thought struck my mind. Lysandre had not been dealt with, so it was still very likely that he would come after me. By association, that meant he would come after Elaine, which was something I couldn't let happen.

Knowing that the danger of Team Flare still loomed overhead, I tried to think up an appropriate solution that would ensure Elaine's safety.

The moment that we shared back in the park, placed a new kind of spotlight over Elaine. One that was different to how I saw Calem, Serena and everyone else and I was more than confident that she felt the same.

Thirty minutes after we left the park, the two of us met up with the others who were still sat at the park bench from earlier. From a distance, I could see that they each had concerned expressions, no doubt worried about why Elaine disappeared so suddenly.

As we approached the group, I felt something brush against my left hand. Slowly, I looked down to see Elaine's right hand caught between two minds. I could see what she wanted to do, and likewise, I could see why she didn't want to follow with her actions.

"It's alright Elaine. Everything's fine, they were just worried about you that's all."

My words seemed to instill new confidence in the light blonde, causing her lips to curve into a small smile. Slowly, she moved her right palm over my left, intertwining her finger with mine.

"Yeah, you're right Aaron. I guess the pressure of the masterclass was getting to me, and I just needed a break."

Now, we had stopped around ten metres from our group who still hadn't noticed that we were stood so close. Remembering what we agreed earlier, the two of us let go of the other's hand. Elaine turned away quickly, her face now just our of view. She quickly turned back to face me, a familiar confident smile on her face.

"Elaine! We were really worried about you!"

The group all seemed to follow Serena's gaze as she stood up from the bench, making her way toward us. The others stood up from their seats, following the hone blonde. Soon enough, everyone was swarmed around Elaine, asking if she was alright and so on.

The light blonde remained calm, her reply being that she wanted to train for the upcoming masterclass so that she had a shot at winning the whole thing. Thankfully, everyone seemed to buy the explanation as they turned to me.

Calem stepped forward, his face carrying a bright smile.

"Now that everyone's here, let's go celebrate your victory in the league!"