Author's note and explanation

Hello, dear reader. I love you already for selecting this book and actually reading it.

Warning: This is an angst story. Highly so, I might as well add.

I'm sorry, but I've been writing enough fluff to rot my teeth clean out of my mouth, and I wanna do some dark stuff for a while. Also, this is something I can closely relate to and it's something I've wanted to write for the longest time. Only thing I couldn't decide was which series it would be about.

This book involves a fictional disease known as the Hanahaki disease. If you know about it, feel free to skip the rest of this massive a/n and move on to the actual book. :)
If you don't, the rest of this section is for you.

The word 'hana' means 'flower' in Japanese, and the disease occurs when someone experiences one-sided love.
It involves the victim coughing up blood petals, which eventually destroy their respiratory system and kill them.
There is a way to get cured. An operation, to be precise. The only side effect of the operation is that the victim loses all their feelings for the person they loved.
I know. This can only pan out in two ways. Either it stays dark and depressing and ends with death, or it has a cliché, happy ending.
I will not reveal which it is until the end. And I'd prefer that guessing in the comments was kept to a minimum.

Almost-last thing: these are gonna be short chapters. It will be easier for me to incorporate the necessary time skips if that is the case.
Usually, I strive to keep my chapters above a thousand words, but you'd be lucky to read a chapter in this book that went above 500.

Last thing: please enjoy and comment. As long as it's all positive. Please don't hate me for all the torture I put the characters through, I'm just trying for a different approach to this ship.

And remember that I love you all.

This is Miyu, signing off. Hope to see you in the comments.