ch. xviii

DLINH FOR THE WINH!!!

Okay, I'm officially confused and crazy now.
Yay.
Y'all still wanna kill me?

Dex regretted saying that around three nanoseconds after he did.

Linh's cheeks had gone a brilliant red and her mouth was slightly agape. "Dex....what?"

Oh, well. There was no turning back now. What's the worst that could happen, her rejecting him? He could live with that.

"I like you, Linh. More than a friend. And I really do understand if you don't, but I just wanted to let you know that Tam's not the only one who really, really cares about you. So...if you want to leave now, that's okay. I can give the elixirs to Tiergan through-"

"I never said I didn't like you..." she ran a hand over her silver-tipped hair. "I do like you too. It's just... I'm not ready for a relationship. Not with all of this" she gestured with her hands "going on."

Dex nodded rapidly, euphoria bubbling in the pit of his stomach. "That's completely alright. I'll wait, for how much ever time you need. And if you need me, all you need to do is give a shout."

He felt like running around madly screaming with happiness, like climbing a mountain and yelling it from the peak, but settled for gently helping the beautiful girl next to him to her feet. "And now, how about we go get those elixirs?"

I know, tiny chapter and all, but the next one is out soon. And also I needed to do a POV switch.