ch. xxxv

double update, yayyyy!

prepare for more cheesiness/suffocating fluff.

or angst. this part is unpredictable.

and also, I mention the murcat's name in this. so if you haven't read leacy fully, you might wanna ignore that part.

Try as she might, Biana couldn't quite get comfortable.

She was pretty sure she'd been tossing and turning for hours altogether, and it had been quite a long time since Tam had fallen asleep.

Angrily pummeling her pillow, Biana decided to get out of bed and wander around a bit. Hopefully it would help her mind stop whirling. Ever so quietly, she swung her legs over to the side and eased off the mattress, taking care to avoid that one slightly squeaky spot in the floor. Successfully evading that particular floorboard, Biana padded over the window, and had just began identifying various constellations, when she heard a small whimper from behind her.

She rotated around on spot, eyebrows scrunched together until her gaze fell over Tam, who had his hands held protectively in front of his face, as if blocking an invisible projectile. "N-no...stop..."

In a flash, Biana was at his bedside, not missing the beads of cold sweat that had formed across his forehead. "Tam....Tam. Wake up!"

The increase in volume seemed to have done the trick; Tam's eyes flew open, wide and panicked and his chest heaved. "I...what...? Where's Fintan? And Vespera?"

"Vespe- you were having a nightmare, Tam." Out of impulse, she reached out and brushed his bangs from where they'd been plastered to his forehead due to sweat. "You're fine now."

He nodded as best as he could, while lying down and still trembling. "T-thanks."

"No problem. I was awake anyway." Her hand crept back around his, and this time, he readily squeezed it back. To her, it felt like he was hanging onto a lifeline of sorts; an anchor.

It really made her want to not let go.

Tam seemed to be thinking along the same lines, because a moment later, he spoke again. "I...really don't want to go back to sleep."

"But you're tired, aren't you? That's how it always is after nightmares."

"You get nightmares."It was more of a statement than a question, but she nodded anyway.

"Yeah. After Vespera sliced me up in Nightfall, I was afraid to sleep without Lady Sassyfur for ages."

"You guys and your sleep buddies."

"Hey, it actually helps. Ask anyone."

"I'm just glad Linh hasn't gotten one for me yet."

In spite of herself, Biana giggled. "What animal would she get for you? A murcat?"

*****murcat's name below.******

He made a face. "What? Noooo. I see enough of Princess Purryfins as it is, and I really don't need a fluffy version of her haunting my sleep."

"But it would be so cuuute- especially if it was sparkly!" Biana flashed him her puppy-eyes. "Think about getting one. Or I'll get it for you as some weird form of a surprise."

He huffed out a quiet laugh. "Thanks for the offer. And aren't you sleepy, by the way?"

Biana shrugged, glancing briefly out of the window at the faint pinpoints of light beyond. "I couldn't settle myself."

"Okay."

Biana noticed that he had stopped trembling. A good thing? Either way, he needed his rest. "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

"I want to....but I feel like the nightmares are going to come back." He stared at where their fingers were interwoven.

"I can help with that." The words startled Biana as soon as they came out of her mouth. "I can't sleep anyway, so how about I stay here? If you look like you're getting another nightmare, I'll wake you up."

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep?" He asked. "You shouldn't  be giving up your sleep just for me."

"I'm sure," she said as firmly as she could. "Now...goodnight."

fluff galore, dear readers.

hope you liked it <3

and also,,,,,3k reads??? when did we get there???? and how??????

i'm sorry, i know i did promise a triple-update. but it's 11:5pm and i need to be up early-ish tomorrow.

see y'all later,

-miyu