ch. xxxiii

This story was originally supposed to be under fifteen chapters.

And now it's more than double of that.

Yee yee.

"Why don't you stay, Biana?"

Biana looked up from where she'd been standing in the doorway, twisting the hem of her tunic nervously. "Uh...what?"

Linh tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "You heard me. Why don't you stay overnight? Pretty sure Tam could use the company. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me in the room with him."

"Well then, why would he want me in the room?"

Linh shrugged. "Probably cause you're you. Aaaaand he doesn't need me babying him all night."

Biana tried to swallow the ever-growing lump in her throat. "I...I honestly don't know."

"Hmm. Well, do you want to leave?" Linh asked.

"No." She knew that much. Now that she had Tam, she never wanted to let him go.

"Well then, stay." Linh smiled softly at her. "It's that simple."

Biana bit her lip. "Okay then. But... I'd need to hail my family and tell them what's going on. And...I also need pajamas?"

"I've got you covered on the pajamas," Linh said. "We're both pretty much the same size. And if you want, you can hail them right now. Want some privacy? I can leave if you do."

Biana nodded gratefully. "Yeah, thanks."

As soon as the door swung shut behind Linh, she pulled out her Imparter from her pocket, and whispered, "show me Della Vacker."

Her mom was probably the only person who'd understand the situation, she reflected, but the face that appeared in the silver screen wasn't Della's.

"Fitzypoo? Why do you have Mom's Imparter?"

"Don't call me that," he grumbled, true to character. "She left her Imparter here and went to the Stone House, to help Squall with some things for Prentice."

"I...okay." Biana bit her lip nervously. She knew that Fitz definitely wouldn't understand what she wanted to say. "Is...Dad around?"

"Nah. He went to Eternalia earlier today. Around an hour or so ago. Why?" He looked slightly miffed now. "Why can't you just tell me whatever it is?"

Normally, Biana would've been a younger sister and given him a sassy comeback, but now all the fight had drained out of her, leaving her feeling strangely deflated. Like a balloon without any air. "I...don't really want to explain."

"Why?" Fitz frowned. "I mean, I'm your-"

She clicked off the device, silencing his voice immediately. Of course, he'd call back, but she could keep switching it off, and he didn't know where she was, so there was no way he could leap over and haul her back home.

A soft tap on the door indicated that Linh was outside. She stuck her head in. "Give me a hand? I've got some stuff for you to choose from." An eyebrow twitched as she took in the white knuckles on the hand that clutched the Imparter. "Everything okay?"

Cursing herself internally, Biana relaxed her grip and tried to smile at Linh. "Of course. Now, pajamas."

yee.

hope that was good?

thanks for reading, as always! love you! <3