ch. xiii

We are slowly approaching the end. I am proud to declare this story about half-done.

*tries to blow party popper, which just explodes in my face*

How are y'all liking it so far?  Please don't murder me if the ending is not to your liking......I need to live to read Legacy O.O

Oh, and before we go on, this is a new PoV. Enjoy!!!! Or cry, or throw stuff at me.....*puts up 'impenetrable' shield on all four sides*

Something wasn't right, and Biana hated the fact that she wasn't able to quite put a finger on  the answer for it.

Normally, she was the perceptive one. The person who could figure things out, but not actually flaunt it. And when it came to stuff about people, in general, that was where she shone. 

So why was this any different?

Right now, she was sitting on Everglen's plushiest sofa, with Fitz on one side and Keefe on the other, both yakking away nineteen to the dozen. (No, the feeling was not the feeling of her ears almost bursting.) Keefe, as usual, had an arm wrapped protectively around her as he (very loudly) talked over Fitz's rant about why T-rexes were the BEST. A while ago, she'd have daydreamed about being held by him like this. Now?

All Biana wanted was for him to freaking let go.

Quietly excusing herself, she slipped off the sofa and made her way to the bathroom, head spinning.

 Biana had liked Keefe almost since she'd first met him. She had always dreamed of dating him, being held by him, cuddling with him. And now she had that, after she'd chased it, for years and years. 

So why did she want out now?

Gingerly, she shut the bathroom door behind her and sat down on the lid of the toilet. Boys were  what she was known for being able to deal with. So why was all her expertise failing her now? Why couldn't she even sort out her own head?

Biana let out a soft groan, burying her face in her hands. She knew that if she went back outside, Keefe would latch back onto her, and Fitz probably wouldn't tell him to back off. So much for an 'overprotective' older brother.

Right then, she decided that unless someone came and burnt the mansion down, there was no way she was moving.

"Biana, are you done yet? You've been in there for a really long time and I kinda need to go..." Fitz's voice trailed off awkwardly from behind the door. 

Biana sighed. Great. Couldn't she even use the bathroom in peace? "Give me a minute, Captain Cognate."

"I swear, Keefe's rubbing off on you." He sounded slightly...proud? "Just don't start pranking me."

"You wish." She swung the door open. "I save my pranks for important people."

"Finally." He literally leaped inside, slamming the door shut. 

Biana groaned again, resting her forehead on the patch of wall next to the doorframe. She really didn't want to go back to the living room.

"Biana?" Keefe poked his head into the hallway. "Hey. You alright?"

She pulled her head away from the wall, hitching her trusty fake smile into place. "Why wouldn't I be? C'mon, let's go back to the living room."

His mouth curved into a small, sweet smile. "Okay."

Sure, she wanted out, but she didn't think she had the courage to tell Keefe.

Ughhhhh Biana is so hard to write. I'm having trouble trying to predict what she would do in this situation for real, so my apologies if she seems a little (or very) OOC.

*plays sad, dramatic trumpet solo*