Quality Time

2017

Morning sex in the shower has almost become a routine for Arthit and Kongpob. It's simple, fast and clean. After getting dressed, they would sprint into the kitchen to make a simple breakfast together. Like a well orchestrated symphony, Kongpob makes the coffee, Arthit fry some eggs, Kongpob toasts bread, Arthit assembles the dish, and voila! Breakfast is served. They eat, kiss, and drive off.

Dinner on the other hand is a different story. It is a lot less predictable. Last minute meetings, business trips, social events, and just shit in life all contributed to their lack of dinner together.

When they first moved in together, they tried to have dinner together every night. However, due to both their busy schedules, it grew increasingly difficult. Some days Arthit would cook, and wait for Kongpob for hours before the latter came home. And on other days, Kongpob would have to do the waiting. So now a days, when they do get to have dinner together within normal hours, it's so precious.

Kongpob has been working tirelessly for the past year and a half. He has so much riding on his shoulders. His dad is slowly passing on more responsibilities to him day by day. He has so much to prove to himself and to the shareholders.

But what Kongpob really wants to do is to show the world his love for his Arthit. He wants to make his relationship public because Arthit wants it, and deserves it. However, he does not want Arthit to have to suffer any negative judgement. He wants Arthit to always be happy, and proud to be with him.

He knows who he chooses to love has nothing to do with his capabilities, but that's how a lot of people are. They will judge them based on their sexual preference over their merits of achievement. Despite knowing this, he still has to try his best. He wants to make his father proud of him. He wants to shut all those up that would doubt him just because he is gay.

His current project is his proposal to pursue an investment in a plastic recycling factory that a French company called Suez is interested in building in Bangkok.

Thailand's government has announced it's 2030 target to achieve 100% plastic recycling. So, it's only a matter of time before Siam Polymer will be needing to acquire it's plastic from recycling companies. Currently, local technology has not been able to produce quality recycled plastic that meets Siam Polymer's standards. Therefore, they've been importing their plastic which contributes to the plastic waste crisis. Kongpob wants to be part of the solution, and be Siam Polymer's own supplier. Suez has the technology to build what they need, so Kongpob wants the shareholders to see the potential in this investment.

For the past six months since he and Arthit have moved out, he has worked overtime at least three days out of the week. When he lived at home, his parents made him go home for dinner and get proper rest, but now he is on his own.

On days he got home on time, he would bring work home with him. He would still try to spend time with Arthit, but he was only there physically. Arthit would turn on a movie, and lean on his shoulder while he worked on his laptop.

Arthit doesn't complain as he too is busier every passing day. Who knew that they would have even less time together now that they moved in together. Arthit was also making strides at work. His company has been busy working on an acquisition of a small chain of mini-marts.

Arthit's goal is to create satellite stores that can deliver goods on demand. Nowadays, more and more customers are shopping online, and big box stores are dying off. So, instead of having these mega grocery stores, he plans to open smaller ones that serve local needs, and provide delivery service from distribution centers. He wants to close some of their big grocery stores to reduce cost since sales have been lagging. His father is rather traditional, and can't see the big picture yet. But he is determined to prove it to his father that this is the future. Even Kong is supportive of his idea, so he will move forward no matter what it takes.