Art of Debate

2017

Kongpob's POV

Whew.... breathe Kongpob breathe. I had sat inside my car for over thirty minutes already, and now I'm standing in front of Grammy's door. I have never visited her home since she moved to Bangkok. I've only seen her at gatherings at Arthit's house on some weekends, and holidays.

On those occasions, Arthit and I try to behave the best we can. We usually sit far apart, and make bare minimum eye contact. It's beyond dreadful and awkward, yet Aunt Belle and my mom insist that we both be there. They think that we should act normal, and just let Grammy get used to it.

Honestly, our moms are the worst. Aunt Belle and my mom made Arthit sit on my lap for a group picture during last Christmas. It was so uncomfortable, especially when Arthit decided to be naughty and grinded his ass against my dick. The picture came out very odd. Grammy was looking at us instead of the camera, Krystal was smirking, Arthit had a wicked grin, and I looked like I was constipated. The worst part of it is that the picture is now stuck on the refrigerator at Arthit's house. I've tried to take it off, but somehow it miraculously reappeared the following weekend. Sigh.

Today is Tuesday, it's mid-afternoon right now. I took off early just to come here. Arthit doesn't know that I'm not in the office. I've told Max to tell him I'm in a meeting in case he called. Hopefully, he doesn't. I hate lying to him, and I always end up busting myself. That's why I refuse to play strip poker with him. There's just no point.

I have picked up a yellow orchid plant from the floral shop, and a heart shaped fruit basket. Today, I am going to try to get Grammy's blessing. Arthit and I had came out to her over four years now, and although she has not been outright against us being together, she has also not accepted us. Part of me knows she just loves us individually, and not us together. Although she is Arthit's grandma, and not mine, she has always cared about me too. So, it would not only mean a lot to Arthit for her blessing, but also to me.

My Arthit deserves the best, and I want everything to be perfect. Okay, I really need to ring the doorbell right about now. Okay, maybe in ten more seconds. 1, 2, 3.........8, 9, 10. Okay, here goes nothing.

Ding Dong.  Ding Dong. 

Is anybody home? Maybe, I will have to come again.

Oh, I think I hear someone coming.

"Kongpob sweetie. What are you doing here? Come in."

"Hello Grammy. I came to visit you. Here, I got you these."

"Oh sweetie, these are lovely. You didn't have to. You've never visited me here. Come in. Let me fix you some tea."

Grammy led me to the living room

Grammy led me to the living room. The house is small, and cozy. It's only around the corner from our family home. The walls inside were covered with colorful Thai art and pictures of Grammy's family. I looked at the pictures. There's a few of Uncle Tae when he was a kid. I have never noticed how much Arthit looked like Uncle Tae until now. Arthit really looks like Uncle Tae when he was young. They have the same smile and cheeks. Now, not as much though. Then there's a collage of pictures of Arthit and Krystal. Then there's a picture of me and Grammy. When did we take this? I reached out to brush the corner of the picture with my finger tips. I must have been eight or nine years old. I recognized my football uniform.