2 + 2 = 2

Arthit stepped into a cute cafe near his office for lunch. Sara had called him out of the blue to meet. He hasn't seen Sara much since college graduation. He was really surprised, but happy to see her at his engagement party a month ago at his family home.

He spotted Sara sitting at a corner table, so he quickly walked over.

"Hey Sara! How are you?"

"I'm doing well. I'm so happy for you and Kongpob."

"Thank you. I was happy to see you at the engagement party."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. You two make me believe in love."

"Mmm... sometimes I find it hard to believe too."

"I can't believe Kongpob had planned to propose to you five years ago. How is he so romantic, yet so oblivious at the same time?"

"You tell me. He baffles me all the time. He came home with a homemade cake from a girl at his office one day, and told me he was being a guinea pig for his co-worker. The cake was heart shaped, and fully decorated." Arthit rolled his eyes.

"Hahaha. Well, your secretary Mia told me you are breaking a few hearts of your own at your workplace." Sara said smirking.

"Well, what can I do? I met Mr. Right in my crib."

Sara rolled her eyes.

"Did you order yet?" Arthit asked as he flagged a waitress over.

"Yeah, I ordered already."

A waitress came over right away.

"Hello sir. What would you like today?"

"I would like lunch set A with an iced coffee. Thank you." Arthit hands the menu back to the waitress.

"It will be right up." The waitress walked away.

"Arthit, I have a favor to ask." Sara looked at Arthit nervously.

"What is it? I will try my best to help." Arthit said sincerely.

"Uhm....the thing is...um." Sara stopped, and hesitated.

"Sara, are you in some kind of trouble? You can tell me anything." Arthit is now worried seeing how nervous Sara looked.

"No. No, it's nothing like that. Uh, remember how we used to just let people think that we were dating back in school?"

"Yes, of course. Kongpob won't let me forget." Arthit said exasperatedly.

"Hehe....well, the thing is, I actually started that rumor."

"What? Why?" Arthit is surprised at the revelation.

"Well, I found that sketch you made of Kongpob, so I knew you would be safe for me. The things is, I was confused at the time, and there were all these boys approaching me. I got scared, so I needed a fake boyfriend."

"Okay, I knew that. It worked in my favor too. It kept others away from me too. But what do you mean you were confused?"

Sara looked intensely into Arthit's eyes trying to convey what she thinks should be understood by now.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Is this a contest?"

Sara face palmed herself. "Arthit, I'm gay. I'm a lesbian." The words came out a little louder than she wanted. She looked around the cafe, and quickly turned back as she caught a few people looking her way.

"Are you serious? How come I never noticed?" Arthit is shocked by Sara's confession.

"Do you ever notice anything that doesn't involve Kongpob?"