seven

"I needed to see you Madds. After this morning I realized that I can lose you. I can not let you get away. You mean everything to me."

I sighed. His kind words always got to me. They always made me have butterflies in my stomach.

"Colby..I love you. But I've said it several times, I need some space and time to think about all of this."

"That's completely fine, I understand. I just wanted to tell you that I love you. and I will never let you go. Ever."

Colby came in closer to kiss me. I feel bad but I can't kiss him right now. I moved my face to the side a little.

"I'm sorry Colby."

He looked sad which kills me.

"Its okay. Goodnight Maddi"

"Goodnight Colby"

He walked towards my door then walked out. I sighed and fell on my couch wanting to cry. Suddenly all the girls walked in.

"You ready to turn up Maddi!"

"Xepher wait. she's crying"

"oh shit Maddi i'm sorry"

I sat up and looked at them.

"I'm fine guys, lets go out. Please let's have some fun, I really need it"

I grabbed my jacket off the counter, my keys, phone and bag then we all walked out the door. I need this tonight, so much more than I thought I did.

~Hours later~

I don't know what time it is. I don't even know where I am right now. But what I do know is that I am so drunk. I miss Colby. I love Colby. Holy shit why am I not with him right now.

"Guys i'll be right back"

I left the girls and walked down the street a little and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. 2 rings until the answer I wanted.

"Colby"

"Maddi? whats wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Maddi are you drunk? Do you need me to come pick you up?"

"Yes and yes please"

I yelled way louder than I should have.

"Where are you?"

"That's a good question. I do not have the answer for you"

"Stay where you are i'll be there soon okay?"

I hung up on him and walked back to where the girls were. They were about to get in an uber and told me to get in.

"No no no Colbys coming to get me"

"Maddi are you sure? You're really drunk and I don't want you to do anything stupid"

"Yeah i'm good. I'll text y'all later"

I sat down on the sidewalk for about 10 minutes until I saw Colby's car park on the side of the sidewalk. He got out of the car and helped me up.

"Colbs! You came!"

"Yes of course now shhh you're yelling really loud"

He helped me in the car and closed the door than ran to his side and started to drive. I started drifting off to sleep to the sound of the music he was playing. Country music.

I woke up to Colby pulling me out of the car. I tried to help him but it was hard to control myself. He carried me to his apartment and laid me in his bed. He pulled the covers over me and started to leave the room.

"Colby. please stay"

"okay yeah sure"

He took his shirt off leaving him in just his sweatpants. He moved me over gently and laid next to me. face to face. This is perfect. I leaned in to kiss him but he hesitated.

"Maddi are you sure? you're wasted"

"Shut up and kiss me"

Colby smiled and we both leaned in this time. The kiss got more intense. I pulled myself on top of him so that I was sitting on his lap. But I didn't break the kiss. I traced my hands from his hair to the start of his sweatpants.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. He grabbed my shirt and took it off of me. We began to kiss again until he unhooked my bra leaving me topless like him. He moved me onto my back so that he was now on top of me. Going under the covers he began to pull my jeans and underwear off. Then he took his sweatpants and underwear off.

I woke up to Colby gone. Water and Advil were waiting for me on his nightstand. I grabbed the water and took the 2 pills that were sitting there. I started to get out of bed when Colby walked through his bedroom door.

"Hey beautiful"

I smiled and look down at the blankets.

"What happened last night Colby?"

"Um well, you went out and got really drunk, you called me to come get you, uh then I brought you back here and I was gonna stay in the living room but you insisted that I lay with you in my bed. One thing led to another and we may have.."

"Fuck Colby"

"You gave me consent, several times okay?"

"Yeah no i'm not accusing you of anything. I just can't believe I did this to myself"

Colby sighed and walked out into the kitchen. I laid back down and closed my eyes until he walked back into the bedroom with a bowl of food for me.

"Thank you. Is it okay if I stay here for a little longer?"

"Yeah of course, you don't even have to ask"

Laying in Colby's bed brings back every moment we've had in here. Every night we laid here cuddling. Every night we had sex. Every night we just talked for hours. Every night we fought. Everything. A relapse like this makes it harder for me to stay away from him. I told myself I wanted distance and time. I told myself I wouldn't have sex with him until I couldn't think about him with her. I couldn't even stay away from him for more than 4 days. I broke my own trust.