eleven

I arrived at Civil Coffee and got my usual. Vanilla latte, extra vanilla. This isn't so bad. I missed this. I grabbed my drink and began to walk to the door to go back outside. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed a familiar blue haired girl. Kat. I turned around hoping she didn't see me like I saw her. I thought she didn't see me, until she walked in. Shit. She walked over to the booth I had sat at while trying to avoid her.

"MADDI!!"

I laughed. I missed her bubbly personality and how she was always so cheerful and happy.

"Hey Kat!"

"I missed you. Where have you been?"

I looked at my feet trying to avoid the question she had asked. I can't just avoid her.

"My apartment"

"For the past month and a half"

"Uhh, yeah, basically"

We both laughed. My laugh being more quiet.

"How have you been?"

"Amazing. Sam and I are doing really good, and the girls are also doing really good."

"That's great. I'm happy for you"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"I could be better. I'm just excited for my song to come out tonight and i'm trying to hold on to that excitement for as long as possible ya know?"

"Yeah. Actually, the girls and I were gonna get together tonight and listen to it. You should come!"

"I would really like that actually"

"Perfect, come to Xepher's at 10?"

"Yeah, sounds good"

Kat got up to leave. I'm still holding back one question i've wanted to know this whole time.

"Kat wait"

She turned back around and started to walk towards me again. I paused before asking what I was afraid to ask.

"How is he?"

"He's been, doing better."

I smiled to let her know I understood. I gave her a nod and she went on her way again. I sat at Civil coffee for what felt like hours just thinking about Colby. I'm glad he's doing better, he deserves happiness. Even after what he did to me. I grabbed my coffee and headed out the door. This time without running back because I saw Kat. I started to walk back to my apartment when all of the sudden I see another very familiar face. Why am I running into people I don't wanna see. He stared at me and stopped in his tracks as did I. The brown hair I used to run my fingers through. The blue eyes that always shined so bright. The rings I used to play with. I stared at his figure that I haven't seen in so long observing it. Colby Brock.