Chapter 1.1 ✔︎

Dance practice had ended up lasting an hour longer than it had originally been scheduled to be, and despite everyone being tired to some degree – with some to the point where they would happily lay down on the dirty floor and fall asleep right there – no one had opened their mouth to voice a single complaint. The ones that still were to be drained of the remaining energy they had were perhaps fine with the extra hour as it meant more time they could dedicate to perfecting a move, while the ones that had reached the bottom of their reserves were most likely too tired to state their thoughts.

Their next comeback was approaching with steady – but faster than they would have wanted – steps, and the constant stream of long and tiring workdays frequently resulted in daydreams where they would yearn for the sleep their schedules never seemed to let them get enough of. The daydreams – regardless of how pleasant they were – only deepened their desires for the thing they would not be able to get in the foreseeable future as they wouldn't be allowed to slack off during the preparations and promotions of the album. Their hours would be spent on vocal lessons – so they would be able to sing the songs to a T when half-awake if asked to – and hours upon hours in the practice room – so the choreographies to their new songs as well as their old songs would be drilled into their brains – not on sleeping even though that was all their bodies were begging them for.

Hoseok and Jimin were the only ones out of the seven of them who were still standing and were in the slow process of going step by step through the choreography to Fire. It had been a long time since they had had to perform it in front of a crowd, and because it was one of the songs that had been put on all three of the setlists for the upcoming tour they wanted to make sure they had everything down and would be able to execute the dance perfectly.

Jungkook who would usually have joined in on the extra practice instead lay on the floor with Taehyung, his head resting on his hyung's stomach and listening to the other's heartbeat while said hyung was slowly beginning to drift off, the elder's fingers were carefully playing with the younger's delicate strands of hair but would every few seconds still as he would descend further into the sweet embrace of sleep.

Seokjin and Namjoon were sitting side by side leaning against the wall opposite of the floor to ceiling mirrors. The elder of the two was resting his head on the taller male's shoulder, both of his eyes closed and mouth open in an attempt to get more oxygen down into his deprived lungs, and the leader was gazing around the room with tired eyes and a half empty water bottle clutched weakly in his right hand.

Yoongi – like the rest of the members – was tired, but his level of tiredness had gotten to the point where it felt like the fatigue had taken up permanent residence in his bones. The thought of taking a nap was a regular thing that crossed his mind, but he never let it become reality no matter how inviting it sounded to his brain as he knew that if he were to close his eyes and give in for even just a few minutes there would be no chance that he would have the will nor the strength to get himself up again. His body would despite the signals his brain was sending out refuse all movement and lay still on the cool floor of the practice room so his feverish skin could soak up all the cold from the floor.

If he were to lay down and give in to the thought he would end up staying on the floor until the others announced practice was over. He would let the others carry his exhausted body to the car despite the organ in his head screaming at him that he needed to wake up, and he would let them tug him into bed even though his mind was yelling that there were important things that he needed to finish before he could allow himself the luxury of letting the world around him melt away into nothing.

The deep-set exhaustion he had been enduring these last couple of weeks somehow felt heavier than all the other times in the past where he had experienced it – which was weird seeing as their schedules at the current moment compared to the ones they had had back then were roughly the same – and he hadn't understood why at first, but the more he thought about it the more it made sense to his sleep deprived brain. Every single day – except for the days where he was dragged back to the dorm by the others because he didn't have the energy to say no – he would stay back at the company and lock himself in his studio until the early hours of the morning where he would then proceed to drag himself back to the dorm unless he didn't have the energy to do so in which case he would crash on the old couch in the corner of his studio.