Chapter 5.2 ✔︎

Hey everyone... I'm sorry to say this, but after this chapter, I don't think I'll be able to post new parts regularly (for the most part). There's a lot of stuff happening in my life right now so I don't get the chance to sit down and edit as much as I used to.

I'll do my best to still update, but there's the possibility that there'll every once in a while be two weeks (maybe even three weeks) between new chapters instead of the usual one (1) week.

I just wanted to tell all of you this so you won't at any point wonder why it's been over a week and I haven't posted a new chapter.

(From now on I'll write at the bottom of each chapter when the next one will be out)

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•☾☀︎︎☽•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Seokjin stood up and hesitantly reached out towards Jungkook, not completely sure whether or not the younger wanted his comfort after seeing how the other was trying to put on a brave front. To the elder's relief, the maknae immediately rushed forward, letting his mask fall apart in favor of having his hyung's warm arms wrapped around him in a tight, yet comforting, hold.

Less than a second had passed by before Seokjin felt the younger's tears steadily seep into the thin fabric of his t-shirt, turning the material translucent. He was regretting having dragged the maknae with him, he should have asked Hoseok, then he wouldn't have ended up traumatizing Jungkook...

Without warning, the maknae's knees buckled underneath him, sending Jungkook tumbling forward into his hyung's chest, which forced Seokjin to tighten his hold on the younger so the other wouldn't slip out of his arms and get hurt. The elder singer carefully lowered both of them to the ground, gazing down at the lax Jungkook with concern visible in his eyes as the thought that the younger had fainted planted itself in his mind.

Despite the awful situation they were in, Seokjin found himself being able to breathe more at ease a few seconds later when he heard Jungkook's breath hitch and felt a new wave of tears wet another part of his shirt. The maknae shook in his arms, but the elder couldn't do anything other than whisper reassurances into the younger's ears and rub small circles on his bony back.

As Jungkook continued to weep and swallow his whimpers before they could leave his mouth, Seokjin took a look around the room. The lights had been the only things that had been turned on when they got into the room, which was surprising since the main monitor on the desk was always turned on whenever the rapper was in his studio – it didn't matter whether the idol was sitting by the desk, by the keyboard, or taking a nap on the couch, if the younger was in the room, the monitor was on – The chair by the younger's main workstation was pushed up against the desk as if it hadn't been used, and no papers with scribbles on them or trash lay strewn across the desk or crumpled up on the floor.

As his eyes swept over the rest of the room, Seokjin's eyes caught sight of Yoongi's phone laying against one of the wheels of his chair, partially hidden in the shadow of the furniture, and reached out towards it, being careful not to move Jungkook too much. When he flipped the phone around in his hand, he was met with the sight of a badly cracked armored glass and screen. He tried pushing the Home button, but – as he'd expected after seeing how awful a state the phone was in – the screen stayed dark, so he slipped the unusable piece of technology into the pocket in his shorts.

Even though his mind had temporarily been focused on other things, Seokjin's free hand had continued its ministrations on Jungkook's back, not stopping for a single second.