Chapter 12.2 ✔︎

Right as Yoongi found himself tearing his eyes away from Seokjin, having all of a sudden become interested in following the plastic-wrapped wires that were disappearing underneath his shirt – which he until that point hadn't noticed had been switched out with a hospital shirt that was colored the same shade of blue that the blanket spread across his legs was – the door to the room opened again and the five younger members – that at that point had been away for a bit longer than a couple of minutes – entered, each one of them carrying a sandwich or two in their hands.

Jimin and Taehyung were the first ones to step foot into the room, shortly followed by Jungkook, who quickly had his right wrist grabbed by the youngest of the two 95-liners so he could be led back over to the chairs he and the two other dancers had previously sat on. The three maknaes only managed to pass the end of Yoongi's bed before Seokjin was wrapping his right hand around Jungkook's left wrist and stopping the youngest from moving any further.

Even though they wanted to ask what was going on, neither Jimin and Taehyung said anything but instead just sat down with matching confused looks on their faces, and silently watched as Jungkook was gently guided over to the other side of the bed by their eldest hyung so he could sit down on the chair Namjoon had at some point pulled forward and placed next to Seokjin's.

When Jimin's small hand fell onto his right bicep and the elder started tugging at his arm, grip firm yet careful at the same time, Taehyung didn't do anything other than let himself be moved onto to the empty chair that would have been occupied by Jungkook hadn't their eldest hyung decided that he wanted the maknae to sit next to him.

Namjoon and Hoseok's eyes met for a couple of second, brains silently communicating with each other with head tilts and raised eyebrows, before the two of them came to an unvoiced decision and the elder of the 94-liners moved to take the seat that had been filled up by Taehyung mere moments prior.

Yoongi looked on, eyes falling slightly shut with exhaustion and the beginnings of a smile making its way onto his face, as the others moved around. The rapper couldn't stop a sense of warmth from settling on his chest, on the skin right above where he could feel his heart beating, when it registered in his fatigue muddled brain that Seokjin wasn't making Jungkook sit next to him just for the sake of it, but that he was doing it so he could make sure that the maknae would actually eat his sandwich instead of simply stuffing it in one of the big pockets in his jacket.

Yoongi's new relaxed state didn't end up only presenting itself internally, as the rapper's bpm proceeded to get drop lower and lower by several beats over the course of mere seconds.

Initially, Yoongi's heartrate taking a sudden dive on the monitor, going from 74 to 53 in the span of less than 10 seconds, had concerned the majority of the other members. Both Jimin's and Taehyung's eyes had widened when it began taking longer and longer for the screen to send out the monotonous beeps they'd become strangely familiar with over the last couple of hours, and the two had looked as if they'd been ready to jump up and pull the line next to the rapper's bed that would alert the medical staff that the patient in the room needed help. And Hoseok's and Jungkook's eyes had shifted between the monitor and Yoongi's relaxed face in rapid succession, mouths turned downwards as if they were readying themselves for something terrible and hands clasped together in their laps.

Seokjin and Namjoon were the only ones who remained calm, despite feeling tendrils of worry swirling around in the front of their minds as well, but since the elder of the two was too busy calming Jungkook, who was digging his nails into his own skin, creating stinging crescent indents in the soft flesh, the leader was left with the task to reassure the others that everything was fine.

"We got this for you, hyung," Namjoon spoke, eyes bright and mouth pulled into a smile even though there were still faint traces of concern that had yet to fade, as he reached over Seokjin's head so he could hand Yoongi the neatly wrapped triangular cut sandwich Jungkook had picked out for the rapper back in the cafeteria. The second eldest grabbed the food item, leaving the leader to walk back to where he'd previously stood next to the maknae – sure, there was the wide two-person couch by the floor to ceiling window, but the little voice in the back of his head kept insisting that the piece of furniture would place him too far away from the rest of the members.