Chapter 10.1 ✔︎

When the two of them finally reached the kitchen, the other members had already taken their seats around the table. Namjoon had moved back to the chair he'd been sitting on when he and Taehyung had been talking, leaving his old seat, the one Taehyung had been sitting on, open for Seokjin to take, while Hoseok had taken the seat at the end of the table and Jimin had taken the one to their leader's left. Yoongi, who was no longer dozing away on anyone's chest or on the table, was still situated on the same chair that Seokjin had made him sit down on, despite it not being the second eldest's regular seat – did he even have a regular seat anymore? The male barely ate any of his meals with them at this point. Wasn't the last time he sat down in one of those chairs over 2 weeks ago?

That left two spots, the one to Jimin's left, and the one to Yoongi's right.

The first one to notice Taehyung and Jungkook had been Jimin, as the dancer had been already been looking in the direction of the entrance the moment they appeared and stepped foot into the kitchen. Hoseok and Namjoon had been the next two to catch sight of them, when Jimin, in a failed attempt at getting the elder of the two 94 liner to notice the two approaching maknaes, had ended up grabbing the attention of not only his fellow dancer, but his leader as well.

"Morning sleepyhead, did you sleep well?" Jimin asked, his voice taking on a tone of amusement when he saw the maknae fight off a yawn. The beginnings of a smile made its way onto the dancer's face when Taehyung pulled the chair next to Yoongi away from the table and helped the youngest sit down before making his way around the table so he could sit down as well.

Jungkook's only reply to the elder's question was a hum that Jimin ended up barely being able to hear over the sound of the other members moving their plates and cutlery around.

The four hyungs proceeded to say their own 'good morning's to the maknae – or well, the two 94 liners and Seokjin did, Yoongi just mumbled an intelligible string of syllables – and the youngest mirrored the words back at them, albeit with slightly less enthusiasm and with an edge of the drowsiness he always felt whenever he was woken up before his body had gotten the chance to get all the rest it needed. A second of clanging passed, and then several of the others were reached forward to scoop up food – food that caused his mouth to fill with saliva but also made his stomach turn with a feeling of queasiness.

Yoongi were quick to notice out of the corners of his eyes that, while all the other members had gotten to the point where they were beginning to stack food on top of other food in order to have everything they were picking up with their chopsticks and forks fit on their plate, the only food Jungkook had put on his plate was a measly clump of sticky white rice, and as the seconds passed and the younger just sat silently in his seat, watching the other's eat, it dawned on him that the younger wasn't going to reach for more. A flash skin stretched thinly over bone flashed by his eyes, and before Yoongi knew it, he was picking his unused chopsticks up, eyes still focused on the maknae's unmoving hands.

"Hey, here Jungkook-ah, you should have a bit more," Yoongi spoke, keeping his voice quiet and turning his head towards the younger so the other would be the only one to hear his words, as he picked up some of the – frankly ridiculous amount of – meat and side dishes that Seokjin had piled up on his plate – when he according to the eldest hadn't taken enough – and put the food down on Jungkook's practically empty plate – much to the maknae's dismay.

Jungkook tried to stop the rapper from depositing the big pieces of meat he was holding between his chopsticks, as well as the surprisingly big clump of kimchi that came afterwards, on his plate, but the elder continued despite him telling the other that he 'wasn't hungry' and that he couldn't 'eat that much'. His unease and inner panic only worsened when Taehyung noticed what Yoongi was doing and started pilling food up on his plate as well.