Chapter 5.1 ✔︎

Originally this chapter and next chapter were supposed to have been one chapter but the wordcount passed 5K so I decided to separate it into two, I hope you guys don't mind :/

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•☾☀︎︎☽•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Sejin was already standing in the somewhat empty reception, patiently waiting, by the time Jungkook pulled Seokjin's car up to the curb. The manager had arrived at the building a couple of minutes prior and had spent the time waiting for the two leaned against the large reception desk, talking to one of the two receptionists. Other than him and the two receptionists, there was a couple of late-night workers chatting in a far-off corner of the room, and a small group of trainees that was making its way back to the practice rooms.

Seokjin's eyes were glancing around the room the moment he pushed the double glass doors open and stepped inside the building, orbs scanning the foyer for the person he'd tasked the leader with getting there. A few workers and trainees had looked at him in bewilderment when he had entered the building – it wasn't every day that they would see one of the members of the company's most successful idol group crash through the entrance wearing loose basketball shorts and a white t-shirt, looking like he'd been about to go to sleep – but most of them were fast to look away again, reminding themselves to mind their own business. The only exception had been a group consisting of five young males, who continued to stare at the black-haired idol in awe until the tallest of them snapped out of his daze and started herding the four others down the hall.

The eldest member was quick to spot the manager in question and made his way over to the older male in a fast pace, letting the glass doors fall shut behind him, causing them to almost hit Jungkook – who had gotten out of the car barely 10 seconds after Seokjin had.

When Seokjin grabbed the manager's wrist and walked forward, fully believing that the giant would follow him, he was, to his own surprise, stopped before he could move as little as a meter. Instead of letting himself be dragged by the singer, the older had stood still, which resulted in the idol having to catch himself from falling flat on his ass.

Sejin reacted fast and supported the younger's back, putting his free hand between the singer's shoulder blades when he saw him slip, so the other didn't end up greeting the floor with his face, which Seokjin was thankful for ­– he didn't have any time to waste on making a fool of himself now that there was a pressing matter he had to attend to – The commotion seemed to have roused new interest in the people in the room, as several of them sent curious glances towards the manager and idol.

"Be careful Seokjin," Sejin berated the younger as he helped the other stand upright. Jungkook eventually joined the two by the reception desk, having needed a couple of seconds to recover from almost being hit in the face by a door because his hyung had rushed inside the building instead of waiting for him, and grabbed his bandmate's arm to make the older let go of their manager's wrist.

"Can one of you two tell me why I'm here right now? Namjoon didn't give me any information other than the fact that you told him that I needed to get to the company building because of something urgent," Sejin asked the two idols, eyes darting from the oldest to the maknae several times.

"I need the code to Yoongi's studio so I can get in," Seokjin told the manager hurriedly, getting straight to the point. Jungkook tightened his hold on the elder's arm, wordlessly telling the other singer to take a couple of seconds to take some deep breaths and calm down.

Sejin furrowed his brows at the younger male, confused as to why the idol was speaking at the pace he was, but nonetheless he reached into his left jacket pocket and took out a silver key ring adorned with dozens of keys that all varied in shape and size, and proceeded to remove a relatively small round piece of black plastic from the ring. The manager rubbed the disk against his jacket to remove any dirt that may have gotten on it, before handing it over to the oldest of the two.