Halloween

Three semesters.

Taehyung has had his heart set on ONE man for three semesters.

It started out whenever they were paired together for an assignment in biology freshman year. Now Taehyung normally isn't the type to shy away but something about Jungkook has him completely speechless everytime he thinks he has the courage to confess.

Which leads him to now, they haven't had any classes together since Freshman year so unfortunately for Taehyung he's had to admire Jungkook from afar. Stealing glances here and there, waving or smiling when they catch each other's eye in the hallway.

Jungkook is quite literally, Taehyung's dream. From his curly brown hair to his cute smile, right down to his bulging biceps—yeah, perfect.

The one thing Taehyung has noticed in his three semesters of being Jungkook's secret admirer...it's that the guy doesn't date. Ever. Taehyung has, thankfully, never witnessed Jungkook involved with anyone in a way that wasn't platonic. Which only makes him that much more desirable.

He's on his way home from classes whenever his phone starts to ring

"Hey, Yoongi-hyung"

"Sup kiddo, whatcha doin?"

"Heading home, got big Halloween plans?"

"No, but you do." The laughter in Yoongi's voice has Taehyung already groaning

"What are my plans?"

"A certain neighbor of mine is being forced to stay home and hand out candy to the kids while his parents take his younger siblings trick-or-treating. He asked me to help."

Taehyung is already worrying his bottom lip at the mere thought of running into Jungkook tonight, so without any hesitation "I'll be there. Text me the address" and while Yoongi is laughing, poking fun at him for being so eager. Taehyung is already trying on various outfits in his mind.

🧡

Now, Taehyung knows it's a risky move but he is comforted by the fact that he sees Jungkook so seldomly-that being rejected won't be the worst thing in the world. (It absolutely will.)

So finally deciding on a sleek white button down and black ripped jeans, he heads out the door and towards the address Yoongi sent him.

He's rehearsed various different pick up lines the entire way there so he feels completely in his element as he knocks on the door. Yet whenever it swings open he realizes he could never be prepared to confess to Jungkook. It's not possible. Not when he's standing there, in all of his muscular glory. Wearing a white tee shirt that hugs his shoulders just right and a jumper that he has tied around the waist—Taehyung is mesmerized.

"Sorry Tae, no candy for trick-or-treaters who don't dress up. No exceptions." Jungkook says teasingly and Taehyung should've known it was a joke. That Jungkook was just making small talk before he surely would have invited him to come inside to hangout with him and Yoongi.

But Taehyung? His brain completely shuts down everytime he is in Jungkook's presence so as soon as he registered what Jungkook said, he nodded before turning around and shouting "I'll be back".

Leaving Jungkook utterly confused and trying to think of what he could possibly dress up as, quick enough to come back before trick-or-treating is over.

🧡

It's perfect.

If there is anything Taehyung is confident in, it's that he is cute as fuck. He knows this. Prides himself in his ability to aegyo his way into anyone's heart. Which is exactly why he shows up at Jeon Jungkook's door an hour later, clad in the fluffiest dinosaur onesie he owns.

Whenever Jungkook opens the door and his eyes go comically wide, for a split second Taehyung feels like an idiot. He is seriously standing here, in a damn onesie, in front of Jungkook. His crush. His literal wet-dream. Yet he stands tall and proud, hands on his hips as he waits for Jungkook to speak.

"Oh my god, Taehyung..." he's shaking his head and giggling. Taehyung thinks he might have noticed a little blush but he can't be forsure. It does wonders for his confidence though and clearly Jungkook isn't repulsed by his costume choice so he tells himself that it's now or never.

"RAWR" he says in his best aegyo voice. Hands making little claws by the sides of head, and he watches as Jungkook quirks his head in confusion so Taehyung...being the love sick fool that he is blurts out, "It means I love you.. in dinosaur"

The moment the words leave his mouth, the reality of what he just said sinks in and he's realized today is the day his life ends. Unable to hear the verbal rejection, he takes Jungkook's blank expression as answer enough, he pulls his dinosaur hood down over his eyes and swiftly twists on his heels to walk away.

He's nearly onto the sidewalk whenever he feels hands on his waist and he's being thrown over Jungkook's shoulders. "Yah! Put me down you muscle-head!" he shouts but Jungkook is just laughing. Proceeding to carry him inside.

🧡

They're sitting across from each other in complete silence. Taehyung fiddling nervously with his fingers while Jungkook watches, with a shit eating grin.

Yoongi volunteered to take over the candy distribution through his laughter at Taehyung's outfit and confession.

"So let me get this straight.." Jungkook begins and Taehyung is ready to crawl into a ball and die "You love me.."

Head down, he mumbles out softly with a pout on his lips "well, strongly-like but that didn't roll of the tongue smoothly" Jungkook decides to move over to the couch next to Taehyung

"and rather than confessing to me like a normal person, you dress up in a dinosaur onesie and rawr at me???" the question comes out and Taehyung can't take it anymore. He looks up and scowls

"If you're going to reject me just do it. You don't need to ridi-" lips. Jungkook.

Jungkook's lips. Kissing. Jungkook is kissing Taehyung and the realization hits him like a truck and he squeals into the other's mouth. Jungkook chuckles but uses the opening to slide his tongue in to deepen the kiss.

Taehyung was right, he's surely dead. Jungkook finally leans away after what feels like an hour /read: 2 minutes/ and grabs Taehyung's arms to pull him close.

"You're so fucking cute" he says and Taehyung's heart has never beat this fast, he really thinks it might burst out of his chest.

"So y-you like m-me back?" he says voice quiet and Jungkook's mouth gapes open

"I literally just kissed you Tae. We made out. Of course I like you! I've liked you since we had bio together!" he says proudly and Taehyung slaps his arm

"What the hell?!" Jungkook shouts and Taehyung climbs into his lap, steadying himself by gripping Jungkook's biceps (it's only to keep his balance, not at all because he's dreamt of doing so since they met).

"Do you have any idea how I've been pining for you all this time and you liked me back?! Why wouldn't you tell me!!" Jungkook smiles shyly and pecks Taehyung's lips, catching him off guard and completely stealing his heart. (as if he didn't own it already)

"For the same reason you didn't tell me, I was scared and we hardly saw each other. It would've been weird to just blurt it out." His words make Taehyung cringe because that's exactly what he did, but Jungkook takes away his worries by pecking his lips again.

Taehyung doesn't let him pull away this time though, he takes full advantage of his position and cards his fingers through the curly locks he's eyed for months. Feels his body relaxing into Jungkook's hold as they dive deeper into each other.

He doesn't even register Jungkook's movement until he feels them going up stairs and he pulls back. About to say something but Jungkook shouts "Yoongi-Hyung, take care of the kids...I've got a wild animal to tame." Before locking eyes with Taehyung again, wiggling his eyebrows and pecking his lips.

Taehyung suddenly has a new favorite holiday.

||| Hi! Happy Halloween, enjoy a short fluffy Taekook being cute because uwu. 🧡