🔞Never Let You Fall 🔞

"I'll never let you fall, don't worry" that's what 12 year old Jeongguk said to a 10 year old Taehyung the day when Taehyung realized he had his very first crush on a boy.

And he meant it, Jeongguk reached out for his hand to help him across the tree ledge that seemed all too large at the time. Guiding Taehyung through the clearing to a secret little place.

They loved playing out there, hiding from homework and the other kids in the neighborhood. It was private, theirs and Taehyung hadn't known then, just how special it would become.

Until he was 13 and Jeongguk was 15 and they still came to their small clearing multiple times a week. Trees have begun to be torn down over the years and every time they came out this way Jeongguk pointed out a place where another one was demolished.

"Don't they know how special it is?" He had murmured through pouty lips, Taehyung snaking tiny arms around his middle and hugging him close "it's okay, trees or no trees, this will always be ours"

The safe haven that it was, Taehyung went there often alone. When his first boyfriend broke up with him at the age of 15 he cried. Cried and cried for hours because he felt too young and the boy, Kye, was older. 4 years older to be exact and he wanted things Taehyung couldn't give him.

He didn't feel safe or comforted when he was in Kye's presence. No one tells you when you're fifteen that the only person looking out for you, is yourself. Though Taehyung had one exception, Jeongguk, who came rushing out of breath to the clearing shouting his name.

"Tae.. please be out here. Please please be out here" he was crying. Taehyung could tell from the raggedness of his breath. So when he popped his puffy-eyed face out from behind a wide oak tree he watched Jeongguk's chest rise and deflate.

"Oh, baby...he..I can't believe..I'm so sorry" it was a muttered mess of words. Once they were both relaxed, Taehyung nearly falling asleep in Jeongguk's arms, he explained how he overheard Kye talking shit in the local diner.

Made comments about how he should've known better than to fuck around with a kid. Left him to cry alone. Jeongguk heard the words and was terrified, didn't know what Taehyung had been through but knew that he needed him.

Taehyung didn't need to know that Jeongguk missed out on a really amazing job interview to run and look for him. What matters is the look on his face when he smiles up at Jeongguk, genuinely, "h-he didn't. So don't worry. That's why he broke up with me. I wasn't ready."

"Thank god.." Jeongguk chuckled, running his fingers through the mop of curls in his lap "don't ever do anything you aren't ready for. Your safety is most important and anyone who loves you, will respect that."

Those words get stuck in Taehyung's brain, telling himself that he'll never settle for less again. Though it was on his 16th birthday that Taehyung realized anything other than Jeongguk would always be considered 'less' in his eyes.

Because Jeongguk shows up to their favorite spot with a small gift bag in hand and a soft smile on his face, "Happy Birthday, Taehyungie"

"I told you not to get me anything" he murmured.. cheeks pink when Jeongguk's knuckles brushed over them "and I told you, I didn't care.. open it.. please"

Taehyung had never realized exactly how much he had grown to fall for this guy. Not until he pulled out a tiny black box and within it was a thin bracelet plated in the prettiest gold.

"Guk.."

"Don't even think about telling me I shouldn't have" his fingers are quick to pull out the bracelet and clasp it around Taehyung's wrist "you've pointed out this bracelet the last two Christmases.. I had to"