🔞Birthday Wishes🔞

Taehyung's birthday has always been one of Jeongguk's least favorite days.

The day itself? Marvelous. He thanks the heavens for blessing the earth on December 30th with his bestfriend ahhh but did they have to make said bestfriend LOVE going out and getting wasted?

Was it also necessary to make Taehyung insist Jeongguk be his wingman every time and then sexile him from their flat?

I mean honestly, how much torture does one man deserve to go through in a lifetime?

Apparently the universe decided quite a bit because just before 9 pm their doorbell is ringing obnoxiously and he hears "Gukkie! Can you let them in, it's the guys!!" from the bathroom.

So he does and in piles their 5 other closest friends, all dressed to the nines and ready for this night out.

"Birthday boy still getting ready?" Hoseok calls out to which Jeongguk nods, fixing the buttons of his own shirt.

"Ooo maybe he's still in his birthday suit" Jimin wiggles his brows before farting towards the bedroom and earning a subtle glare from Jeongguk.

"You're actually attempting to dress up this year?" Yoongi acknowledges with a smirk and Jeongguk just nods.

"You guys always do, figured I'd actually fit in this time" and then he's making his way around the flat.

Gathers Taehyung's shoes and wallet. Checks it for his debit card and ID. Can't find Taehyung's to his own account but the one he gave him for emergencies that's linked to /his/ account is there, so he doesn't bother asking the other where his is.

Finally has all of the items piled on the entry table by the door before he heads to the kitchen to get Taehyung's "pregame birthday shots" ready for everyone.

Every. Single. Year.

A straight shot of patron.

Never fails.

He's too busy getting everything ready that he doesn't hear the guys in the living room wishing Taehyung his happy birthdays.

Finally noticed the other's presence when there's hands around him and a fabric looped around his neck, "wear this Guk! it'll look great with your outfit"

he just hums as Taehyung fastens the tie around his neck, watches the way the other is working intently at every loop.

Finally pulls it down and flattens out the wrinkles of his shirt, "damn you look hot" Taehyung says through a whistle and Jeongguk just shoves the tray of shot glasses into his hands

"C'mon birthday boy, let's get this night started" he groans with an eye roll but Taehyung smiles brightly at him before turning to go to the others.

|||

They take two separate taxis to the club, knowing well that none of them will leave this sober enough to drive.

Jeongguk opts to ride with Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon—hoping to avoid hearing Taehyung's ideal "birthday meal" this time around.

"How long are you and Tae going to live together?" startles him out of his thoughts and he looks to Namjoon with a puzzled expression

"What do you mean?"

"Well he's turning 24 and you're not far behind. With your company being as well off as it is, don't you think it's about time you stop acting like two college kids and actually start building your lives?"

The words hit him like a truck because that's what he thought they were doing.

Never really stopped to think too far ahead, when they decided to buy the house they're in now after finishing second year of college—he thought that was building their lives.