Besties! - Irene

I was chatting with my friend Irene, we just talked about work & basic things going on in life.

"So, how's it going between you & your boyfriend/girlfriend?" Irene asked. "It's going good, nothing really special." I replied. "It sucks that we couldn't see each other for a while, it wasn't because of them, right?" Irene asked then grabbed my hand.

I chuckled nervously. "No Irene, I was just really busy with work & everything." "Okay.." Irene put on a fake smile. "It'd suck if you were lying to me."

"Come on, Irene I wouldn't lie to you. I have no reason to, plus you don't have to be so protective over me. We're not kids anymore, we're all grown up."

"I know, you're still my best friend & I want to be there to protect you, no matter what." Irene smiled, I smiled back.

"Come on, let's get out of here already." Irene said. "Yeah, ok." We both stood up & paid for our drinks & left.

Irene dropped me off at my apartment complex. "Thanks for the ride." "No problem." Irene smiled. I was about to open the door but she stopped me. "Before you go, I just wanted to say that if you're having any problems come to me, I'll take care of it right away." Irene said.

I was grateful for what she said but the way she said it was so weird. "Thanks Irene." I said then opened the door & left for my apartment.

"I'm back!" I raised my voice a bit. "I'm so glad you're back I missed you so much!" They picked me up & hugged me tightly. "I've only been gone for maybe an hour." I giggled. "I know, I know I just missed you too much." They whined cutely. I aww'd at my boyfriend/girlfriend.

They finally put me back down on my feet. "Come on let's do something fun." They begged. "Ehh, I don't know." I said trying to annoy them. "Do I have to act cute for you???" They asked in a baby voice.

I just smirked & faked a yawn & continued to walk away. They grabbed my hand & spun me around. "My lovely lovely Y/N can we please go out?" They said in a baby voice & puffed out their cheeks.

My heart melted at the sight of my adorable girlfriend/boyfriend. "Ok!" I caved in. "Yay! I'll get ready!" They ran to our shared bedroom to change.

*Mini Time Skip*

"Hey, what do you think?" They asked. I turned my head & blushed.

For girlfriend:

For boyfriend: