Masked Killer - J.Jk part. 2

(Y/N is now changed to Parul due to the girl who requested just so you guys know.)

I turned around & saw Jungkook. "Jungkook?! What are you doing here?" I whisper yelled. "I'm doing what you're doing as well, trying to find out who killed Irene." He said then closed the door behind him.

I eyebrows furrowed. I pushed him against the door & said: "You were never close to her. Why are you really here?" I said getting a little angry.

"You may have not known Irene as well as you thought, we used to date." "Is telling me that supposed to make me trust you?"

"Well, is this what you wanted?" Jungkook asked then pulled out Irene's file. My eyes widened. "Wha- if you already got it why did you come back?" I let go of him & folded my arms.

"I left my phone." He answered. I turned back to the desk & saw a phone. I grabbed the phone. Jungkook was about to take it.

I took it away just before he could grasp it. "I'm not an idiot, Irene never had a boyfriend. She's been single her whole life, why are you really looking into this?" I asked.

He sighed & said: "Fine, Irene helped me when my mother was sick & dying. I really appreciate what she did." "Oh...I'm sorry to hear that." I said.

"It's fine, now let's get out of here before we get caught." Jungkook said.

*Time Skip*

I closed the door to my apartment & sighed. I tossed my jacket onto the couch & fell in my bed lazily. "I hope Jungkook really is trying to help. If not then I'll have to find out what he's really up to." I thought.

I eventually fell asleep around midnight or later. When I woke up the next day I checked the time & I was almost late for work. I ran to the shower & after that I quickly put on my uniform & grabbed my keys & my purse.

*Mini Time Skip*

"You're late." Said one of the nurses. She had a bit of an attitude. "I'm sorry it won't happen again." I replied. "Sure it won't." I sighed then quickly put my bag away then started to get to work.

After a while I felt something touch my shoulder. I turned around & saw Jungkook. "What is it? I'm busy." I said. "I want to talk about Irene." He said. "I would but I'm busy & I can't be out of a job." I said.

"I know but-." I stopped him & said: "What do you mean you know?" He was silent for a moment then just walked away. My heart stopped for a moment.

I quickly did everything I needed to & went to talk to my boss. I knocked on his office door. "Come in." He said. I walked in & closed the door behind me.

"What can I help you with Parul?" He asked. "Well, I was just wondering if I can take the rest of the day off." "Did you finish everything you needed to?"

"Yes, sir." I said. "Ok, fine just don't try & make this a habit like Jungkook does." My boss said then went back to work. I stood up for a moment, thanked him then left. I grabbed my back & headed home.

*Time Skip*

I was about to enter my apartment but I saw Taehyung at my apartment door. I tried to leave but he called my name. I turned around & saw him angry.

He approached me & said: "Where's the file?" "I don't have any file." I said. "Then why were you trying to sneak away." He asked.

"I'm serious I don't have it, Jungkook does." I said. "Who's Jungkook?" He asked. "My supervisor at work." I said.