one

I secured my tie around my neck as I swiftly made my way towards Dumbledore's office. Navigating through Hogwarts had been a bit of a challenge at first. I had felt like one of the first years on my first day, wandering blindly through the halls, praying that the place I had to be would just magically appear in front of me. But like with everything, practise makes perfect.

I rounded a corner and saw the huge phoenix statue, indicating I had arrived at my destination. "Sherbet lemon," I spoke aloud, and watched in wonder as a staircase spiralled up before my eyes. It still struck awe within me. I collected myself quickly, and began to ascend.

When I reached the top, I knocked swiftly on the door before opening it after hearing a soft "come in." I entered the magnificent office once again, and didn't waste any time making my way towards where the Headmaster was seated. "Professor," I spoke, crossing my hands behind my back as I stood at his desk. "Ah Ms. Greene, how wonderful to see you again," Dumbledore smiled, eyes shining. "You too sir," I replied. "How was the hearing?" I asked, eager to hear the outcome. "Harry Potter will be returning to Hogwarts Avalon, but that's not why we're here," he quickly dismissed.

"I suppose you're wondering why I summoned you here ahead of everyone else's arrival?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I nodded my head and waited for him to continue. "Avalon, this isn't going to be easy. Not only have you just lost your mother, but moving schools while you were in the middle of your studies in Ilvermorny will also take its toll on you. Your father, a very special friend of mine, has already offered his services to the Order as you know," he began, as he stood up and began to pace around the room.

"Avalon, this year you will be exposed to dangers that you have never faced before. I want you to be careful. I want you to be focused. And most of all, Avalon, you must be prepared."

"What do you want me to do sir?" I asked, following him around the office. "I've already informed Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter of your arrival, so expect them to integrate you in nicely. Stick to them Ms. Greene, and you will get along finely. Can you do that for me?" He asked. "Yes sir, I can," I stated firmly.

He came over and patted me on the back as he gave me a warm smile. "Get some rest, big day tomorrow." I nodded my head before I started walking away. "Goodnight uncle," I called behind my back, before making my way down the stairs and out towards the Gryffindor common room.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I watched from my dorm room window as the carriages carrying the students came towards the gates. The thestrals pulling them black and majestic, as they tossed their heads, hooves beating against the earth in a steady rhythm. But I wasn't focused on them, I was focused on the carriage containing the 3 people who were to be my friends this year. I quickly made my way towards the front entrance.

Harry, Ron and Hermione made their way up the steps where I was waiting by the door. "You must be Avalon," Hermione greeted, holding out her hand for me to shake. "Pleasure to finally meet you," I grinned, shaking her hand. "This is Ronald and Harry, but you must already know that," she said, gesturing to the boys. "Yeah, I'm just Ron," Ron blushed, nodding his head at me. I smiled back before turning to Harry. "Nice to meet you," he greeted, offering his hand. I took it, noticing how warm and soft it was, and gently shook hands with him.

"Can we go now? That feast isn't going to eat itself!" Ron cried, already yanking his suitcase up the stairs. "Way ahead of you Weasley!" I laughed, following him. I heard Hermione and Harry chuckle behind us as they soon followed suit.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I sat beside Harry, and Hermione and Ron were opposite us at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. I occupied myself by eating some mashed potatoes, as Hermione delicately sipped some pumpkin juice and Ron tore away at a chicken drumstick. I glanced at Harry, who was sat there staring into space.